Author Topic: Nintendo to Wiiify Gamecube games?  (Read 13402 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo to Wiiify Gamecube games?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
Yeah.  I just got Gamefly and I didn't realize how many games I missed on the Cube...  I'm glad for backward compatibility, DS and Wii.  Now my grades on the other hand probably aren't.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Nintendo to Wiiify Gamecube games?
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »
Wind Waker, didn't have too much water per say.  I think it just took too long to traverse the water.  If you received the ability to jump around the map sooner, or if you travelled faster it would be such a big problem.  

The feeling of Wind Wakers traveling was fantastic. When you travelled to another dungeon you didn't just move a few squares on the map and you were there.  You moved across the entire map, and it really felt like you traveled.  That was pretty cool.  

If I had one change I would drastically increase the sizes of all the additional islands in the ocean and give them more purpose.  Have larger side quests, and more mini dungeons in the island.  I would also of had the triforce partially found in the water, and partially found in these mini dungeons.  

Wind Waker is an interesting Zelda experience.  In one aspect it is one of the BEST Zelda games created.  Fantastic graphics, and environment with a story that is truly unique and different for the series.  Dungeon design also took a huge advance in the game.

However, it also was one of the WORST Zelda experiences.  The game was rushed cutting 2 dungeons, and the traversing the water was a love/hate experience.  It added depth, but also took away many elements of the traditional Zelda land traversing.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
Dungeon design took several steps BACK.  The cylindrical architectural features was over done -- 4 out of 6 dungeons were based on a cylindrical interior.  All the dungeons had some kind of key cylindrical room.  Talk about predictable and repetitive.  "Oh, I guess I can proceed downward to where the boss is.  Oh, I guess I can proceed upward to where the boss is."

It didn't help that some of the dungeons were the islands themselves and obviously towered over the water.  Where are the surprises?  No strange little gateway in the Lost Woods you seem to eye above Saria early in the game that turns out to be -- holy sh!t -- it's a temple in there?!  Where's the discovery?

THIS WEEK IS OFFICIALLY ZELDA HATE WEEK.

AUGUST 21, 2006
WE WILL NEVER FOGHAT
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »
What I don't get is why you need this when you have backwards compatability. If you want to play the old titles you can. Otherwise just make a brand new full-value game.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Dungeon design took several steps BACK.  The cylindrical architectural features was over done -- 4 out of 6 dungeons were based on a cylindrical interior.  All the dungeons had some kind of key cylindrical room.  Talk about predictable and repetitive.  "Oh, I guess I can proceed downward to where the boss is.  Oh, I guess I can proceed upward to where the boss is."

It didn't help that some of the dungeons were the islands themselves and obviously towered over the water.  Where are the surprises?  No strange little gateway in the Lost Woods you seem to eye above Saria early in the game that turns out to be -- holy sh!t -- it's a temple in there?!  Where's the discovery?

THIS WEEK IS OFFICIALLY ZELDA HATE WEEK.

AUGUST 21, 2006
WE WILL NEVER FOGHAT

QFT!

I am a Nintendo Fanboi and I dislike Wind Waker greatly! Nintendo sold-out with that game! I hurts me to spout such blasphemy but I must stay true to the tenets of quality, innovation, and good games forever!

But... back on topic.

As long as the new Wii-alized GC games come out at about $35 or so, then I've got no real complaints.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Magik

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 02:18:59 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier for Nintendo to allow us to download patches or game profiles through WiiConnect24 to allow us to use the Wii-mote for games instead of having us to buy them, or in some people's case, re-buy them.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »
Man.

The whiners here seem like the kind of people who count all the oreos in the bag before eating any of them, and then bitch when they find out half a cookie is broken.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »
People won't care the 2nd time around unless there's an in-yo-face ad campaign to make people aware of it.

"HEY, PLAY LAST YEAR'S GAME NO ONE CARED ABOUT, NOW WITH WII CONTROL."

OH.  I've just discovered it's an old game no one cared about.  No one will care about it AGAIN, ANYWAY!

LOGIC TRAIN IS NOW STOPPING AT FAILURE STREET & DEAD END WAY.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 02:36:28 PM »
This is plain ridiculous, just when I was past the whole TP thing Miyamoto comes up with this. Im dissapointed, why Nintendo wants to make the remote look like a true gimm!ck? because thats all they are doing with these ideas. And it also sounds lazy from them, instead of creating new games they will rehash games now? where the hell was the mantra "quality vs quality" left? I shouldve see this coming, but I had hope Nintendo wasn't going to be like any other money-hungry tacky company, what now? will they make breakable consoles a la sony to increase profits?. At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »
Time to head down to South America.
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »
Because playing old games with new methods of play for a lower price is totally gimmicky from the start even though not a single example has been given nor does anyone know just how it will, if ever, be done!  Internet whining about Wii can almost be likened to having a conversation with someone, and being interrupted before you even finish...

"I think this would be a great id..."
"NOPE, SUCKS"
"But you haven't let me f..."
"NOPE, SUCKS"
"Why!?"
"NOPE, SUCKS"  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 02:59:39 PM »
I'd kill for a wiimote version of Luigi's Mansion.

Originally posted by: Kairon
I am a Nintendo Fanboi and I dislike Wind Waker greatly! Nintendo sold-out with that game! I hurts me to spout such blasphemy but I must stay true to the tenets of quality, innovation, and good games forever! And now excuse my while I go back to playing Sprung and comapring Halo to Grave of the Fireflies!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
I'd kill for a wiimote version of Luigi's Mansion.

Originally posted by: Kairon
I am a Nintendo Fanboi and I dislike Wind Waker greatly! Nintendo sold-out with that game! I hurts me to spout such blasphemy but I must stay true to the tenets of quality, innovation, and good games forever! And now excuse my while I go back to playing Sprung and comapring Halo to Grave of the Fireflies!

HEY! Stop putting my own words out of context!

Besides, Sprung ROCKS!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »
 "How about Mario Golf, Baseball, and Tennis. Soccer doesn't seem like it would work."

Oh sure it would! They could make a foot-clip to clip the nunchucks to your feet. The Foot Zapper.

I'd rather buy several VC games but I like how they are branching out.  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 03:18:45 PM »
This is an excellent idea.  It'll help expand the amount of games out for the Wii, in theory, pretty quickly.  While some of you poo-poo the idea saying that Nintendo should focus on *new* games, I think adding Wii controls for older games (that are proven to be good) would be a fairly easy task, perhaps as a training tool for newer programmers.  Just a thought, though.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
Didn't want to re-buy NES and SNES games for $30 on the GBA. Don't wanna re-buy Cube games on Wii.

Edit: Except maybe if they re-do Wind Waker at full resolution, and actually complete development this time. And cut the world in half so there's less useless boating.
"wow."

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »
Well, thankfully for Nintendo, their entire marketing plan doesn't depend on *you* to 'rebuy' games.  There are millions of people who didn't own a GameCube and out of the ones that did, there are still plenty of people who didn't buy every particular title (Mario Golf is the only Sports game I've personally picked up, but only because I'm waiting on proce drops for the others.)

The chance of getting to purchase a *great* game at a *great* price for a *great* system is *great*.  How many youngin's bought Link to the Past on GBA because they never got to play it on the SNES?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 04:20:37 PM »
I actually see this step as a good buisness idea.

Miyamoto stated that these redesigned GC games will have a significantly reduced development cost, which is why I believe they will be budget titles. Now I know most of us in these forums already have "these games" and might have no intentions of re-buying them, but imagine those that skipped the GC in favour of PS2, but now they deciede for the Wii instead of the of the expensive PS3, they will go to a video-game store and look at a good amount of AAA budget titles and I think their first idea is "wow, look at these great cheap Wii games, I think I'm buying a couple since they are so cheap, let me ask the clerk how good these games are...blah blah blah" = $$$$$$$ for Nintendo.

What was one of the main reasons Sony sold so many PS2s? budget titles.

Do you see the connection now?!

I know it that, in our Nintendo-hardcore-eyes, we see it as just a plain cheap way for Nintendo to rake in $, so we have to remember that above all else Nintendo is in it just for the business even if we don't agree with it.

One final word, if you are going to b!tch about this while you plan to get some VC action...well I think I made my point clear without saying much else.

Edit: damn MSN chatting and interrupting my posting, and then I read what Uncle Bob posts and I just go "arghhhh, damn you UncleBob!!!".

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 06:36:56 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
This is plain ridiculous, just when I was past the whole TP thing Miyamoto comes up with this. Im dissapointed, why Nintendo wants to make the remote look like a true gimm!ck? because thats all they are doing with these ideas. And it also sounds lazy from them, instead of creating new games they will rehash games now? where the hell was the mantra "quality vs quality" left? I shouldve see this coming, but I had hope Nintendo wasn't going to be like any other money-hungry tacky company, what now? will they make breakable consoles a la sony to increase profits?. At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

Mantidor against a NIntendo descision? Who woudl have thought it! Heaven forbid Nintendo remake some GC games to fill in the gaps in between new releases adding more to the Wii game library which would probaly be smaller without the GC remakes. HORRIBLE, Nintendo needs to PHAIL now they are so arrogant and lazy.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »
This does seem pretty lazy, and at first I didn't like it, but then I realized that doing this would allow them to focus more on new and original titles.  New content = good!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
This does seem pretty lazy, and at first I didn't like it, but then I realized that doing this would allow them to focus more on new and original titles.  New content = good!

My only problem with this is if this would hurt production of new games, but if it is more of a side thing I see NOTHING wrong with it.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »
They could set up a dedicated team just for this purpose.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
A dedicated team of trainees even.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2006, 07:59:27 PM »
Should there be a desire to "fill out" a launch schedule with solutions like this, the issue is not with the old games IMO.
"wow."

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2006, 08:01:37 PM »
I fear the fact that these games are priced "Lower than regular Wii software"

Either it means $19.99 budgeted purchases, or regular Wii games are $59.99
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!