Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 22988 times)

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
Ian, IGN has an video interview up (Perrin) that answers that portion of your question, if you are interested.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »
"Because 99% of the people who want them aren't at E3!"

You'll get all sorts of impressions, screenshots and direct feed videos from the playable demos though. We know more about Super Mario Galaxy than we know about SSBB.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2006, 12:23:30 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Because why release official anything while the thing is playable? Screenshots will most likely come out when E3 is over with."

Because 99% of the people who want them aren't at E3!

You know, I actually didn't think Nintendo's strategy of not releasing any screenshots was good at first. News reports were basically saying the same thing they said several months ago: you can use the wii controller to control a gun or an airplane, etc. I thought the lack of concrete details about the Wii would hurt its press.

Then articles like this came along, and now I understand their strategy. They're building massive hype without really letting most people compare Wii graphics to the other consoles directly.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »
Looks like Nintendo will soon be discontinuing the daily Smash Service, they've sent out a Wii notification message that the submission period will end on June 30th. I imagine this means they will continue to send out the submissions for a little while longer but it's hard to say how much longer it will last. I'm kind of surprised this is being ended this early because the game is still selling...

This makes me wonder how much longer the Mario Kart Wii tournaments will last.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
I've never D/L'd the Daily Smash Service.

I think MKWii will last longer because that one is near the top 10 of the monthly sellers.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »
They were stopping the service because they have far too many submission, & are using too many Treehouse employees to sort through them all (you know penis & other inappropriate stages). If they ever run out of ser submitted stages to highlight they can always open up the service again, but they have better things to do with employee resources than sift though millions more stage entries, when thet already have more than they need.