Author Topic: another controller  (Read 7740 times)

Offline MANTI5

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
another controller
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:42:17 AM »

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: another controller
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:11 AM »
Wtf is this????
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »
Looks cool.  But how do you play N64 games on it with only four face buttons?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »
Looks like a third party dual shock.  Pass.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 09:46:48 AM »
Hey, looks like alot like a design I posted awhile back....

Is that for real, or just a mockup?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
Mockup.  Not even a real good one at that.

Look at the analog sticks.  Notice they're exactly the same (same viewing angle) despite the controller being pictured head-on?  They both go down and to the right at the exact same angle.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline willie1234

• View Profile
RE:another controller
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 09:55:06 AM »
i think it's real -

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/controller.html

maybe the gc controller for n64 games?

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »
actually it is real

[L]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/controller.html[/L]

Edit: beaten
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
Fudge.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 10:03:40 AM »
Weak, very weak.... I very dissapointed in the "shell", was hoping for something much better. I can see why it wasn't shown at all in the conference.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:28 AM »
Looks like Nintendo may have scrapped the shell idea and decided to make an optional standard controller.
It's sure to come in handy for the downloadable games and I suspect it will be dirt cheap with its simple design and CORD but if original titles on the Wii use it, it will get confusing for consumers.  

It's odd how it's only on the JAPANESE Wii site. Perhaps it won't make it to the US at all.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 10:06:58 AM »
Yup... Was coming here to say it appears to be real
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »
I don't see what's so horrible about that. Just a standard controller.  

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »
yea but there will be some N64 games that will be slightly harder to handle without those C buttons (though most just used the C's for camera; I wouldn't mind playing goldeneye/Pdark with that "shell")
I'll shut up now...

Offline MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 10:18:02 AM »
 The second stick can be used for the c buttons. I use my pc controller just like that to play N64 roms, it's not that difficult.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:02 AM »
All of the N64's C-button controls could be mapped to the right analog stick. Did you ever play OoT on the Cube? The ocarina songs worked just fine pushing a stick instead of hitting a button. And if they're just camera controls, even easier. There's no problem here.  

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »
Ahhhh sh!t, it's not wireless.

It's a pretty slick controller though, but its not wireless.

Where do they plan on hooking it up? In the GC slots?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 10:39:13 AM »
I wouldn't count on this being included with the Wii console yet.  I don't see it listed on the English Wii website.  Lots of the same photos as the Japan site.  But no photo of the classic controller.  There is no mention of the classic controller.  under the included hardware features.  Just a mention of the wiimote and nunchuk.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »
Looks fine. *shrug*. Honestly, my biggest concern was that the thing would be too big (I wouldn't want to deal with gamecube-sized controllers in addition to the wiimote and nunchaku), so I'm happy this thing looks so compact.

I'm surprised they ditched the shell idea, thouigh. If I remember, it was originally Miyamoto's. I was expecting some of his games to use it....but I guess they loved Retro's nunchaku idea too much.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

Originally posted by: trip1eX
I wouldn't count on this being included with the Wii console yet.  I don't see it listed on the English Wii website.  Lots of the same photos as the Japan site.  But no photo of the classic controller.  There is no mention of the classic controller.  under the included hardware features.  Just a mention of the wiimote and nunchuk.

It's on there.  In secret.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline OverHeat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 10:59:06 AM »
Wow, I thought that controller looks freakin awesome! Have none of you guys played a SNES before? That controller looks almost just like that design, save for the extra shoulder buttons and the dual anologs, which make it look longer. The old SNES pad was, IMHO the best digital-style controller made. Interesting how they put the dual analogs in the center, like the PS controller. I guess this will really be their "port" controller. I wonder if they will rip off Sony and give it a "motion sensor"?  *snicker*
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 10:59:31 AM »
This isn't the shell. Remember, the shell wraps around the Wiimote. That's why it's called the shell.

This is a controller to play downloaded games.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 11:02:31 AM »
I think it will be wireless in a way...the cord probably plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote.

anyone else interested at the prospect of the two inner triggers like I am? I wonder if they will work properly in that position?
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »
"I think it will be wireless in a way...the cord probably plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote."

Wouldn't that be incredibly awkward? Where would you put the Wiimote? Would it just dangle?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »
Since when did the analogs went down there? Nintendo copying sony now? its disgusting, I HATE analogs placed like that.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro