Author Topic: Nintendo and sonic  (Read 11947 times)

Offline dafunkk12

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2003, 08:46:29 PM »

Originally posted by: DRJ
What would the point be to have sonic in MK. He could just get out and run past all the other karts like they were standing still.
Hey, now that you mention it, you know where Sonic could fit in?  The Sega-developed F-Zero game.  Blah, blah, blah fast hovercrafts...  Yeah, but I'm sure you'd be cracking up if in the ending credits a spiny blue blur blazes and bounds beyond your Blue Falcon (too much? ).

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 02:45:25 PM »

Originally posted by: HolyPaladin
Better yet, let's throw Captain Falcon and his Blue Falcon into the next Grand Turismo game!

Personally, I would love to see that.

START! *Crashes into tight corner at 1000 km/h*

Offline FinalC

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2003, 05:09:44 PM »
Sonic Team owns Sonic and Sonic Team works for Sega.
I am here no need a for a sig I am the sumpreme.

Offline GC2003

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2003, 07:38:57 AM »
I think your definetly right sonic deserves to be on ssbm3 cuz it says on ign that it is going to be vs sega all stars. Plus sonic is awesome even tho they need to come out wit more new sonic games for gamecube.But sonic heroes is coming out
JJay SOulcalibur man

Offline Tekkena

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 05:16:12 PM »
 I'm kind of alittle pisst off that gamecube gets two old sonic ports and even though they sold very well, us cubers can't even get a New sonic game thats exclusive.
Ah well, sega seems to be making some bad decesions latley with them putting all New games exclusive for the xbox when it dousn't even sell that well on that system.
"I am the holder of time, the keeper of evil, and the masters of dragons......."   Tekkena

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2003, 01:08:10 AM »
The people who are acting like Sonic appearing in Smash Bros is impossible need to wake up and take a look around.
Sega is making Fzero, Namco is making Starfox, Capcom is making Zelda, and a Nintendo developer is making Metal Gear Solid.
The impossible has become commonplace on the Gamecube and Sonic appearing in a Smash Bros sequel is a very real possibility. He might even bring Megaman and Pacman with him.
Because, at this point, it doesn't seem to matter who owns what.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2003, 01:12:11 AM »
Look man, SSB is game where ONLY Nintendo Chars fight, no way Sonic will appear in it.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2003, 01:19:55 AM »
"Look man, SSB is game where ONLY Nintendo Chars fight, no way Sonic will appear in it."

That is such flawed logic. Especially when it comes to Nintendo games which have been known to drastically change from sequel to sequel. The first two Smash Bros game may have just had Nintendo characters but who knows what we'll see in the next sequel.
Miyamoto actually made a comment a while ago about Sonic possibly being a racer in Mario Kart. If he was open to that idea, he'd certainly be open to the idea of Sonic in Smash Bros which makes a lot more sense than him being in Mario Kart.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2003, 01:21:54 AM »
Whatever, but your gonna be disappointed if you wait to see Sonic in next SSB. Thats all i have to say. See ya.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
Nintendo and sonic
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2003, 01:29:24 AM »
"Whatever, but your gonna be disappointed if you wait to see Sonic in next SSB."

Not long ago, people who were waiting for a Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid game on the Gamecube were told the same thing.
The argument isn't about wanting Sonic in the game anyway. It's about the possibility of him being in the game. It may be very unlikely but, all things considered, it IS possible.