Author Topic: Mario Baseball Announced for GC!  (Read 12438 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Baseball Announced for GC!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 02:28:06 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: The Omen
Didn't baseball for the NES feature Mario? Not called Mario, but I thought every player looked like him. And in Golf on the NES as well. Maybe I'm becoming senile in my old age.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: kennyb27
Actually, it's not entirely true that Mario has never been in a baseball game before. There was a game called (look at this, it's ingenious) Baseball for the original Gameboy that had Mario as one of the characters. Granted it wasn't named Mario Baseball, but it did include the famous plumber.

Somebody already said that. Thanks for bringing it up again, though. As I too am senile, it helps to have information repeated numerous times.

That's funny.  I never realized the NES and Gameboy were in fact the same system!  Thanks for clearing that up!  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 03:07:18 PM »
You miss the point; I was just trying to point out that someone had already mentioned that there was a baseball game that featured Mario, that's all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go play Silicon Knights Presents:  Nightmare On Elm Street.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 04:12:48 PM »
I didn't miss the point, you were being an a-hole, which is quite the norm for you.

And mocking my ideas doesn't bother me in the slightest.  There's a reason I'm a screenwriter and you follow me around like a puppy dog. :-)

Now go implore for help with Paper Mario as it seems too hard for you.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Baseball Announced for GC!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 05:05:01 PM »
Wow.  A failing screen writer from New Jersey.  Color me impressed.  Written anything I'd have heard of?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 05:54:53 PM »
I have a script being considered by Paramount and Section Eight productions(George Clooney s production company) as well as Bruce Campbell right now, mr 'vudu'.  I hardly call doing what you want with your life failing, by the way.  And I'm not in NJ anymore , despite what my profile says.  Anymore foolishness you wish to bring to the table?

By the way, I like this new Mario Baseball.  I just hope it plays as crazy as Mario Tennis and you can save stats.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 06:30:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Perfect Cell
yeah but those sims are some of the best selling games ever...  Madden ?

I bet you Mario games have overall sold more than Madden AND don't get traded in after exactly one year.

It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Gremio

• Pikmin Spores of Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 04:53:05 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Pics at IGN

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/716/716495/imgs_1.html

Looks fun.

Ack! I'm actually really excited about this one. I was hoping for a Mario Baseball game... :-)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 05:45:09 AM »
I agree with Ian, Nintendo has taken Mario too far.  In the past year we've had at least eight games starring Mario, and over the next 12 months we will see Mario Party 6, 2 Yoshi games, one Princess Peach game,  Super Mario DS, Mario Party Advance, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Baseball: eight more, and I'm willing to bet Nintendo will announce a couple of others at E3.

To me this is some serious Mario overload.  It makes each new game feel a little less special.  Nintendo needs sports games, but I'm not convinced that more Mario sports are going to sell GameCubes.  This will probably be a good game, and I'm sure Mario/Baseball fans will love it, but I'm not very interested.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 06:15:21 AM »
The "don't play sims, go outside and play!" argument fails once you take reality into account. You need two people and perhaps ten minutes for a multiplayer match in Madden, you need a whole lot of people (sorry, I don't know how many people are involved in American Rugby), a lot of room and time to play the real thing. Or let's add military sims to that. Sure, you could say I could join the military and go to iraq instead of playing counterstrike but reality says I'm unfit for service at least for two years (though Counterstrike and armed forces rank about equal in the stress factor). I just can't do that.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 05:07:41 PM »
This has been mentioned already in some form or another, but this game does seriously need the other franchises.....That would be sweet...Zelda team, mario team, kirby team, pikmin team (somehow), pokemon team (again somehow), star fox team, f-zero team, and so on and so forth.  Could be very very cool.  And instead of Mario Baseball, it should be called Super Smash Baseball.  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 07:25:20 PM »

Originally posted by: PaleZer0
This has been mentioned already in some form or another, but this game does seriously need the other franchises.....That would be sweet...Zelda team, mario team, kirby team, pikmin team (somehow), pokemon team (again somehow), star fox team, f-zero team, and so on and so forth.  Could be very very cool.  And instead of Mario Baseball, it should be called Super Smash Baseball.  =P

I would buy that. I seriously would.

Nintendo is now the primary shareholder in the Seattle Mariners, and have just announced a Mario Baseball game. I wonder if it's more than a coincidence.
OMG ichiro can be playable

Source: IGN

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2004, 02:52:24 AM »
Actually they would be smart and make Ichiro presents MLB Baseball... a way to bring in the mainstream sports gamer... IMO

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2004, 08:31:17 AM »
I've been saying that. take it a step further and just let the hounds loose. Kid icarus as a pitchure, the animal crossing gang in the crowd.  Nintnedo owns a lot more characters than most people realise.   They should capatilise on that and use all of their characters.  It'd be the best selling baseball game ever.

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2004, 09:31:38 AM »
Also found on IGN, this game is being developed by Namco, not by EAD or Camelot.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2004, 08:27:12 AM »
Wow, Namco is making this one.  I guess the relationship between Namco and Nintendo is pretty darn good.  It wasnt that long ago when there was no relationship between the two.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 10:45:20 AM »
Oh duuuuude! a Mario Baseball game!!!
That's awesome! just when I wanted to get myself a baseball game! thank you Big N!
Does anyone know when it comes out in the US?
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 11:42:20 AM »
SgtShiversBen, if you check the PGC main page, Nintendo now owns 67% of the Mariners, which was more than ever before

Yay Mario Baseball!  I won't get it, but it looks fun.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Procession

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 07:25:40 PM »
Wow, how long can Nintendo keep pimping Mario? Honestly, the Mario in every game thang rang old 5 years ago, if not longer.

How about a new franchise, Nintendo, or is that too radical? Honestly, it's wearing very thin.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 09:05:32 PM »
They buy the Mariners and a movie studio, yet sold Rare and let Silicon Knights go
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.