Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 571169 times)

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:LOZ: 2005
« Reply #475 on: February 20, 2005, 03:18:51 PM »
Ooh yeah.

And, they should come with our very own, gold plated "Triforce of Courage"

I would be all over that.  

*is not a consumer whore*
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 20, 2005, 04:27:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Don'tHate742I was also thinking what if Link had a dash.

lol
They're called the Pegasus Boots.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2005, 04:49:16 AM »
Well there's only two kinds of people who know that and I'm not one of them. Sorry if I somehow offended you by not playing i'm guessin LTTP. I tried playing it but lost interest, as I do with most games. Actually the only Zelda games I've finished are the newer ones, really becuase the presentation was so impressive.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: LOZ: 2005
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2005, 05:11:53 AM »
The Pegasus Boots are in LttP, Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, and Minish Cap... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2005, 06:02:10 AM »
huh......great

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2005, 06:08:31 AM »
Now how about you make a Zelda fan happy and go play them?

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »
what good are the pegasus boots?
LZ 2005

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2005, 06:42:14 AM »
Faster running (though I'd think it would have a time limit to how long they can be used before Link tires) + use in destroying certain cracked blocks (like it is used in every other Zelda game)

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2005, 06:54:35 AM »
Bill, what do you want in a zelda game (involving controls and types of puzzles)?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2005, 09:51:21 AM »
For controls, I would like them to be fairly simple...In fact, they've already been perfected thanks to the flawless camera in Wind Waker...I really can't think of any way of improving it without complicating it...

As for puzzles, I'd like to see more of a return to the ingenuity of the 2d puzzles...I believe Ninty was thinking the same thing as they talked about the camera showing a more isometric view in dungeons to mimic the style of the 2d games...This will definitely help create more interesting, and overall, more difficult, yet less frustrating block puzzles (due to not being able to have a good view of the area)  

Puzzles that require items shouldn't always focus specifically on the item acquired in that dungeon...(In fact, I think it'd be an interesting twist if you didn't need to use said item at all in the dungeon, yet Zelda vets would still try to use it and against the dungeon boss...)

Puzzles that make you go "Oh!  I almost forgot I had that item!"  

Puzzles that involve using an item to perform a task that you would never think of...that is, until you used it just because you've run out of options...

Anything that will stump me for at least a few minutes will be gladly appreciated...

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2005, 10:08:52 AM »
heh Oh bill

I'm the True Zelda Vet

I'm excited, E3 can't come soon enough. I hope in the meantime tibbits will be dropped here and there.
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2005, 10:14:25 AM »
forget it, no tidbits I bet
atleast nothing that goes further than, "the games pretty, great, and cool, youll be excited"
E3 will be a overkill of info I fear, all this new stuff to find out about

LZ 2005

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2005, 10:28:46 AM »
I think that OoT: Master Quest had the perfect type of puzzles in dungeons.  It just made me think like crazy and actually look at my surroundings to figure out what I had to do.  The one that got me for a good 20 minutes was in the Fire Dungeon when you had to light the torch, but it gave the illusion it was already lit.  With that one I was all "Terrific, now I know what to look for in the rest! HUZZAH!!"
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2005, 10:36:30 AM »
heh I liked the cows in jabbu's body mooooo

Darnit we need something more. I wonder how far it's really come since the E3 2k4 trailer? hmm....

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2005, 10:37:27 AM »
Wait for E3, Zelda newbie...

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2005, 10:44:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
In fact, I think it'd be an interesting twist if you didn't need to use said item at all in the dungeon

It's funny, as soon as I read that I could picture IGN writing that not using an item you got in that dungeon would somehow ruin the game and drop the score some points (that and not having customizable skins for Link's horse).
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2005, 10:47:47 AM »
Heh Newb? nah your insanely Jealous that I was playing while you where crawling

I'm waiting oh so patiently

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2005, 11:08:44 AM »
kennyb, it doesn't matter... IGN will score it badly anyway for having no online.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »
Flawless camera in the Wind Waker? I thought it got annoying a lot, especially in some battles. I like Ocarina's a lot more, it did a better job of staying behind you while you were fighting.

Originally posted by: PaLaDiN
kennyb, it doesn't matter... IGN will score it badly anyway for having no online.

IGN rated Wind Waker 9.6, Majora's Mask 9.9, and Ocarina of Time 10. The only other 10 I can think of is Soul Calibur.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2005, 05:39:08 PM »
It was a joke, Gamefreak, regarding IGN's bias against Nintendo.  They both know Zelda scores well just about anywhere.

Also, the camera in Ocarina was much less dynamic than the one in Wind Waker.  I felt the camera in Wind Waker managed to stay in the right place even in very complicated moves, whereas the Ocarina of Time camera would lose track slightly even after a simple roll.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2005, 05:59:02 PM »
If one clicks the targetting trigger all the time, then no wonder why the camera would be behind Link so much, whether's it's WW, MM, or Chocorina (I miss Choco Island).  The auto-cam was too close for my tastes in each of those Zeruda, so giving myself some extra room was appreciated.  Also, as soon as one adjusts the C-stick in WW, the camera stays in Manual Mode and acts "dead" as it maintains the same angle since it's just waiting for more user-input.  To get it back to auto-cam you'd have to give the L-trigger a tap.  I don't see this as a flaw, though, since it's largely up to the player to be aware and chose the right orientation (like, not touch the c-stick AT ALL if wished)

Me, I love WW's manual camera.  Like in Mario Sunshine, I'm ALWAYS using it.  Running, jumping, sailing, flying, whatever.  I use it to maximize presentation-badassness-factor.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »
I havent gone back to WW yet since I first got it, and I probably wont play it again until briefly before the new Zelda gets released. Although, doing that might not be such a good idea, I did that with Metroid, played Prime right before Echoes arrived, and I never got round to finishing echoes more than 1/3

LZ 2005

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2005, 12:45:13 PM »
Stick with one game till you beat it.  I had RE4 for a month, but didn't work on it at all until I finished Prime2.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2005, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm the same way as Prof.  I beat a game as much as I can before I go onto the next game (though 100% completion, or however close I want to come, can mix some).

Because I'm bored, things I'm glad to see in the new game (that were in old ones but not Wind Waker):
1. Lizalfos
2. Ground (as much as I liked the water)
3. Horse (though I liked the boat)

What I'm not sure is in the new one but what I'd like to see:
1. A musical instrument (preferably not an ocarina, though)
2. Songs that have a complete version, in addition to the simple notes
3. More towns and NPCs
4. More difficult than Wind Waker
5. SURPRISE, still cel-shaded
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2005, 08:57:01 AM »
"A musical instrument (preferably not an ocarina, though)"

Yes.  The Wind Waker itself didn't make any sense.  A baton is not an instrument.  Plus the manner of playing it was irritating since you had to have the correct timing so unlike Ocarina of Time you couldn't just mash the buttons as fast as you could.  When you have to play songs a lot you want to be able to play them quickly.  I'd like to see a new instrument but for some reason I want it to remain woodwind.  A recorder like the one used in Stairway to Heaven would have a nice fantasy sound to it.

I want to see the return of Goriyas.  Those guys used to be really common enemies in Zelda.  How can you have a giant rat that throws boomerangs as a potential enemy and not use it?  At the very least they should make one a mini-boss that you get the boomerang from.

I also want to be able to swin like Mario does in his games instead of just floating on top of the water and diving.