Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 570871 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #1075 on: April 27, 2005, 03:58:24 PM »
I've fallen in love with the sunset picture of the fishing game - it's so beautiful..

The artwork is amazing - the title page looks great as well, and I think that after we'll have played the game and we look at it again, we will understand so much more
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Pepsolman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Legend of Zelda: 2005 Official Discussion
« Reply #1076 on: April 27, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »
When I sold my GameCube... there were a number of reasons that frustrated me out of the investment I had made.

I had to sell out and buy a ps2 as the better investment...

Too many delays... not enough games... too much childishness... I need to play GTA... got tired of playing the first RE re-make... didn't give a crap about Mario sunshine or any kind of sunshiny smiley tiku tiku tiku!  thing anymore... fed up with it

The final straw was knowing that the awesome zelda footage we all saw was all for the imagination... and we were given a step back... it's like Metallica making reload and why they don't want to put out any of the stuff from the recordings they made before james went into rehab... no time for rehash and moonwalks...

Now they are finally giving us a step foward... time evolve where we left off with the 64... that was the original desire and hopes

There will be many heads turned for this game and it will be 3 times more successful than WindWaker. I don't doubt that one bit.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 27, 2005, 04:28:54 PM »
We're talking about the new Zelda, way to bring up pointless angst from years ago, most of which has nothing to do with Zelda at all.  GO AWAY.

To make this post more useful: ZELDA IS HAWT.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 27, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »
Man oh man! This art direction is fantastic, those shots of Link's emotions are just perfect.

Also in regards to the castle/wolf juxtaposition on the Cover. Maybe this is to symbolise the fact that Link has been removed from the castle, and is now residing in the wilderness. Furthermore the wolf could represent the fact that Link is now alone, as in the "lone wolf" persona. As shown with the fighting goron, Link's normal friends haves abandoned him.  Just a thought

It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 27, 2005, 04:48:31 PM »
blol I insult Pepsolman's sense of masculinity.

You really need to do something about that insecurity problem.  You can live in constant fear of everyone doubting your masculinity.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 27, 2005, 07:31:10 PM »
Meh. All this Sheikah and wolf speculation means little to me. What gets my beans cooking is finding out the fishing game is programmed by the same guy who made the one in OoT. They better unlock it after the main quest ends or else I'll NEVER finish the game.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 27, 2005, 11:21:52 PM »
I don't know if this was posted before but on IGN they have reported that Aunoma stated that Voice-Overs are a "no-go."

He continued to say that Miyamoto was the one that shot down the idea, and furthermore, that he finds the news extremely dissapointing!

YES!
I love you Miyamoto.  
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Kokoro

• Pirate King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2005, 11:26:52 PM »
I am glad to hear that, it would be strange for any characters to speak in large quantities.  the only exception of a silent main character talking is chrono trigger and there was no voice so I don't know if that counts
Viva La Revolution

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 28, 2005, 03:35:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Don'tHate742
[Matt from IGN] continued to say that Miyamoto was the one that shot down the idea, and furthermore, that [Matt] finds the news extremely dissapointing!

So a friend of mine started rambling about all the different speculations he had read off an article from IGN, and I swear it sounded like those IGN folks were playing way too much WoW and it was poisoning they're judgement.  Voice acting doesn't fall into that category, but overall I found their anticipations polluted...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 28, 2005, 09:31:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Pepsolman
When I sold my GameCube... there were a number of reasons that frustrated me out of the investment I had made.

I had to sell out and buy a ps2 as the better investment...
You realize video game consoles aren't the wisest of investments, right?  They typically tend to lose value over time.  Same with cars, any type of electronic device, clothing, etc.  You might want to look into getting some stocks or bonds.  Mutual funds are a pretty safe investment, too.  And if you have the cash, you can't go wrong with buying property.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 28, 2005, 09:36:07 AM »
Here's a simple solution for those stubburn humans that persist on wanting voice-acting in a Zelda game:

Do the voices yourself while you're playing!

Easy, cheap, and no complaints.

Btw, there's at cube-europe.com some clean artwork of the new Zelda and Link shown from EGM. Zelda looks wicked, Link needs some armor to look a little more agressive .

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 28, 2005, 10:03:58 AM »
He's wearing chain mail, that's good enough...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 28, 2005, 11:41:05 AM »
To those saying all Link's old friend's will be enemies... I assume the Goron battle in the second trailer has something to do with this. However that Goron is obviously just training Link for combat.. Notice Link's sword is sheathed. He's probably just teaching Link to block or something.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 28, 2005, 11:57:01 AM »
If you've seen EGM's Zelda screenies you should see that particular scenario is VERY unlikely...

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 28, 2005, 04:37:52 PM »
The "friends will be enemies" is a rumor, isnt it? Aunoma hasnt said anything about that in the recent interviews.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 28, 2005, 04:39:31 PM »
Yes, it is a rumour for now...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 28, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »
It's just speculation.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 28, 2005, 09:07:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
If you've seen EGM's Zelda screenies you should see that particular scenario is VERY unlikely...

I've seen them. Care to explain more?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 29, 2005, 07:17:26 AM »
Well, very early in the game Link gets a wooden sword and learns how to use it against a scarecrow in Taoru Village.  This is the combat learning process.  To think that Link would need to learn how to use his shield after obviously leaving his town and being who knows where is pretty ridiculous.  This sequence is something else, and I'm not saying that the Goron is Link's enemy necessarily (it certainly seems that way, at least to an extent), since it could be some sort of proving your worth ordeal, but it's late enough in the game to assume that Link already knows how to block, especially if you already knew he trained with the scarecrow.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 29, 2005, 07:38:31 AM »
He also has his real outfit by then too. Though I'd wager he gets that when he's sent on his journey, or even when he leaves Taoru. He's travelling with the mayor so his pillow armor (I love it, hilarious) wouldn't be very appropriate.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 29, 2005, 10:17:39 AM »
For all we know, Link could put the outfit on to fool people into thinking he's the Hero of time (since it is a sequel to WW) but the Goron's know that it's not this guy in which they start attacking him.  

This Cowboy Link impersonating the real Link would be something crazy I think.  He's living a lie.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 29, 2005, 10:24:23 AM »
My theory is that the Goron is teaching him how to punch! in the village hes just training with the sword, with the goron he's learning new nifty ombat skills. Thats why hes not using his sword...

or the most realistic explanation, since the trailer is just an early build of the game the lack of sword most than likely is a bug or they programmers didnt put it for in ther for some odd reason that has nothing to do with the gameplay.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 29, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »
Or perhaps because the clip is so short, you have no idea whether Link would pull out his sword or not...The fact that Link put down his shield (and got hit) leads me to believe he was about to pull his sword...I mean, think about it...If we hadn't seen the Goron in this clip and had played through the game and found one on the overworld, would you go up to him with sword drawn?  Most likely not since we are accustomed to friendly Gorons...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 29, 2005, 11:15:24 AM »
"If we hadn't seen the Goron in this clip and had played through the game and found one on the overworld, would you go up to him with sword drawn?"

Probably yeah.  I don't usually pay attention to my sword being out or not and since I'm always cutting grass and signs and stuff odds are I would have it drawn.  It's not like Zelda is one of those games where the game plays different in "attack mode" or whatever.

The most logical explanation for anything Link does however is that the person playing the demo is just doing whatever.  Most of the time in trailers the player isn't even playing very well.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 29, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »
New screens and artwork at www.jeux-france.com/news9800_the-legend-of-zelda-en-images.html. Artwork is new, some screens have already been seen but some show a little more into the village they show pregnant woman, the inside of building where the animals are that Link was herding, some more battle scenes, and now there is a screen to what before looked like it was just a paved road but it's a bridge afterall. Pity the screens are low quality.