Author Topic: Gamecube's memory usage  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Gamecube's memory usage
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2003, 10:52:41 AM »
why does all star baseball 2003 require so much space to save a single season? i own nhl 2003, and a 10 year franchise with created characters and a cards profile requires 30 blocks. i dont play baseball games, so maybe all have a greater memory requirement(more stats, games, etc.)?

really though, the only game i have ever heard anyone complain about IS all star baseball. i dont think many games require the amount of space that game does. i own 18 games, and have gotten by on a mc59 and a mc251 as well as the mc59 that came with animal crossing. i actually had lots of room left until i bought hitman 2 which requires 59 blocks for a single game file, which i dont think should be.
i think part of it is just laziness from the developer.  

edit: after reading a few more posts better, i saw that ncaa football requires quite a bit of space to save as well. i dont really play many sports games at all, so maybe hockey just doesnt have as much data as others. it still seems pretty excessive to me though.

Offline DRJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Gamecube's memory usage
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2003, 01:13:54 PM »
Some sports games take literally hundreds of blocks to save. I dont get it. There may be a lot of data, but you should be able to compress it better. I am not in to sports games that much, so it doesnt matter to be either way, but they shouldnt have to take up soo much memory.

O well, hopefully the GCN2 will have a small hard drive like the XBox so this wont be an issue anymore.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!