Author Topic: Nintendo should pull out of the consol race.  (Read 21203 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Nintendo should pull out of the consol race.
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2003, 02:25:20 PM »
Bloodworth, is there something about Silicon Knights you're not telling us I agree with you that Nintendo's image problem cant change overnight, but it is possible, maybe a low chance, but anything is possible. Goldeneye is a good example. I think if Nintendo can get at least one game as popular as Goldeneye or GTA3, it would show a significant difference in sales. Nintendo sometimes just comes out of nowhere with some of thier games, like Pokemon and Goldeneye. C'mon, who thought they were gonna be as successful as they were before they were released, certainly not me. I cant wait to see how Silicon Knight's next project turns out, Eternal Darkness was brilliant.  

Offline SmellySocks

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2003, 10:55:06 AM »
:::cough::: Too Human :::cough:::
What's that smell?

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2003, 04:19:01 PM »

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck

Its quite possible that only 5-10 MIL gamers out their globally are pure hardcore gamers who play games only on the basis of research rather than hype and saturated marketing the non-gamecube platforms get.

Man I hate comments like this.

Why must so many people here think that if you dont own a Game Cube you arent a hard core gamer? That statement is just plain ludicrous.
Why cant someone who only owns a PS2 be hardcore or an X-box?
Who the hell plays games based on research anyway, many people, even hard core gamers play because its fun.

The Game cube is being out sold for one reason. The majority of gamers feel systems like the PS2 have better games, yes I said better, in their opinion the games are better.

Why cant everyone just accept this and deal with it. Play the games you like and forget about it. I know I do.

While it's true that a "hardcore" gamer can own a PS2 or Xbox, a REAL gamer wouldn't diss Nintendo's games either, because even if you don't like them they are extremely well made.

Furthermore, I don't believe that people like the PS2 better because it has "better" games.  They like it because it has a higher variety of games that they play.  I know I bought a PS2 because of the sheer quantity of games it would have, so chances are I'll like quite a few of them.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline nonjagged

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2003, 08:56:45 AM »
Im pretty sure I did not in any way say that the other consoles dont have hardcore gamers.
If you did your research apparently Gamecube does not quite have large install userbase and the leftovers would be the hardcore gamers from the other platforms that make up the numbers which I plucked out of the air. Its pretty much safe to say that mainstremers or casual entertainment markets make up the majority of the markets and loyal hardcore gamers are the minority of the total world install userbase for the gaming industry.

Besides the harcore gaming term has been tarnished.
You can now have hardcore gamers that sell their games once theyve finished them because possibly the gamers arent worth keeping or you can have hardcore gamers that keep their games once theyve finished them (especially N ones) and you can also have hardcore gamers who buy bundles of pirate games and couldnt care less if they lossed them when they finished with them.

Its all a mess right now.
Seriously if Microsoft was anymore serious than Sony in the console industry they wouldnt have released a platform thats already been cracked (Cough its a PC platform) and then impose a bigbrother online infrustructure ontop of it to monitor the cracked platform which is suited for PC developers.

Did the PC industry drive Microsoft out of gaming and thats why Microsoft is focusing on consoles instead of PC o/s?
Or is Microsoft just milking money out of the industry instead of building a real platform like Nintendo (a proprietory platform that doesnt focus on an easily obtained userbase because of its lack of piracy protection).

The lesson is many issues can be raised but answers can vary according to one's interpretation or misinterpretation.

2003 = The Year Fund Q & Triforce