Author Topic: Great sequels! They're coming faster than expected!  (Read 3312 times)

Offline GrAyLaN

• -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Great sequels! They're coming faster than expected!
« on: April 08, 2004, 11:14:28 AM »
I noticed alot of rumors floating around and got most of them confirmed...there will be sequels to Legend of Zelda: Windwaker...Metroid Prime...The Sims...True Crime...Mortal Kombat...PikMin (not just a second...but maybe even a 3rd) and Resident Evil (Not just 4 but maybe an all new title by holiday season 2005).

Now, I haven't been able to confirm the Sims but all the others seem to be well on they're way and can be expected by this time next year...Time...what a cruel twisted idea.

-GrAyLaN
Looks like someone ate too many donuts...
A whole Winchells worth of too many donuts...

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
RE:Great sequels! They're coming faster than expected!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 01:27:25 PM »
Its definately true that we are getting sequels much faster than in the N64 generation.  Alot of that has to do with developers being familiar with 3D game engines, and once a game engine is built, a sequel can be made in about a year.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline GrAyLaN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:04:28 PM »
I love how they come out with them so quickly...except...I would like to see different skins in games. You know...to give the characters a new look. But as long as the gameplay and storylines are good...I guess...it really wouldn't matter to me.

-GrAyLaN

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Great sequels! They're coming faster than expected!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 03:34:10 AM »
I hope you aren't expecting a good storyline in MK. Won't that be like MK 14 or something? Jeez, there's a lot of them.

As for sequels in general, they're only capable of being good if the original was good, so I'm mostly happy with the sequals coming up. I just think that Nintendo should stress the whole "innovation" thing they've promised us. Animal Crossing was innovative, MP, although a sequal, was very innovative, ED was innovative. I'd much rather have new and interesting things to play than a sequal. (That's not to say that I don't want to play the next Zelda game. I love Zelda more than Psycho Mantis will ever be able to tell you. )
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 03:39:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Berny
I love Zelda more than Psycho Mantis will ever be able to tell you.

Hey!  That's my line! ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 04:21:08 AM »
If only the majority of these sequels were truly great games that improved in every way upon the originals.  Unfortunately, most of them are just rush-jobs in order to feed off of the original game's success.  By the time people realise that the sequel is inferior to the original, and they regret buying it, it's too late.  That's the kind of thing that Ubi Soft and EA feed off of.

Of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't good sequels...rather, they're just few and in-between.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »
What? Since when was Resident Evil 5 confirmed for a holiday release in 2005? Its Taken Capcom like three years to make 4 and even though the engine is all ser up I still think that it would take a little over a year for any Resident Evil. Also a 5th Resident Evil may not even make an appearance on Gamecube. The exclusives deal with Capcom ends after RE4.

Also I don't think that Nintendo will undermine any momentum Pikmin 2 has by showing a 3rd one at E3 its not a smart move. And the new Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Deception, isn't making an appearance on the Gamecube Midway has cut all support for Gamecube

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 07:58:36 PM »
Can we PLEASE have a Mario RPG and Animal Crossing 2 sequel soon?  
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline GrAyLaN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 09:21:19 PM »
Woops...lol...I didn't meen RE5 would be out by this holiday season. I just read that it would be on the Cube. As for Animal Crossing...

I heard rumors that Animal Crossing would be getting a sequel...but I also heard Animal Crossing 2 (or Animal Forest 2) was released as an expansion in Japan only because America got an extended version. However...I don't think they would send us a more advanced one because Japan usually gets the advanced stuff LONG before we do (I.E. Robots).

As for Mario RPG...Nintendo has announced a Paper Mario 2 game which is said to play like an RPG...I dunno' how that'll work though...

All we can do...is wait.

-GrAyLaN

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 11:14:34 PM »

As for Mario RPG...Nintendo has announced a Paper Mario 2 game which is said to play like an RPG...I dunno' how that'll work though...

What the hell do you mean?  Paper Mario is an offshoot of Mario...you guessed it..RPG!!!  Whats not to get?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 06:05:41 PM »
No kidding! MarioRPG and Paper Mario are almost nothing alike.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2004, 06:21:29 PM »
they are not nothing alike...  But the point is , Paper Mario plays like a sort of RPG already.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 05:40:19 AM »
I said ALMOST nothing alike. The only thing in common is Mario and a leveling up system, but that's just my opinion.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2004, 01:38:42 PM »
Well, the point is, Paper Mario has RPG elements.  And the quote was,

Thats all I was responding to.

Offline GrAyLaN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 03:32:18 PM »
Oh. I didn't realise Paper Mario had a level up program...I only saw screen shots and I thought it was just a new Mario game. Speaking of sequels...I saw a pic from Resident Evil 4 of a guy with a bag over his face with a chainsaw cutting into Leon's shoulder. It doesn't look like a game you wanna' lose. Oh, and I also saw screnes of a boss who looks amazingly like the Ogre from the first LOTR movie.

Link to RE4 pics: http://media.cube.gamespy.com/media/015/015821/imgs_1.html

I'm looking for other sequel pics. I'll let you know when I find 'em.

-GrAyLaN

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2004, 03:42:10 PM »

Originally posted by: GrAyLaN Oh, and I also saw screnes of a boss who looks amazingly like the Ogre from the first LOTR movie.

It would seem that you, mouse, and I agree on that. ^_^ I'm going to kill him and quote LOTR as I do so. Just random quotes, not necessarily relevant.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline GrAyLaN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 03:52:58 PM »
Yeah man. I saw that screen and kinda' paused for a second...I thought I clicked on a Hobbit game link or somethin'. Then I saw Leon and I was just confused.

Oh, and not but 3 minutes after my last post I discovered screens for StarFox 2...with Multiplayer action!
Check it out!

http://media.cube.gamespy.com/media/481/481615/imgs_1.html

-GrAyLaN

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 06:18:06 PM »
Those screens are a year old.  It seems to be the result of GameSpy's updated article/media system, since the IGN-GameSpy merger.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 09:42:27 PM »
Yes, now if only we could actually get some some new games...

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 09:27:28 AM »
Ooooh OK sorry about that