Author Topic: Metal Slug Advance  (Read 1850 times)

Offline random_hero

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metal Slug Advance
« on: March 25, 2004, 09:36:39 PM »
Dunno bout you but i always thought it would be better off on GCN...but i guess the stuggling SNK would get more small sticky and grubby little hands on a GBA title. Hope to see more of them. I think this is the only Arcade port other than street fighter on gba, apart from a few unknowns, very curious about how the game will handle...
Survivor: The Complete First Season DVD - May 11 2004

Survivor fan and absolutly positivly fkn 100% proud of it.

Offline Edisim

• View Profile
RE: Metal Slug Advance
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 11:40:30 AM »
I'm a huge fan of the Slug series, but I don't mind one bit that it's coming out on GBA (eventually) rather than GCN. What bothers me is that the game keeps getting pushed back.  First, it was scheduled for january/february 2004, then it was pushed to april/may, now it looks like it won't be out til august or october or something.. (according to ebgames anyway.) anyway, if you want to play the game on your tv, there's always the gameboy player or datel's gameport... if they were to release a slug title on GCN, i hope it would be a compilation of sorts, with all, or at least most, of the games in the series included..  

edit:
how it will handle... oh i see. you're worried about the precision of the controls due to the tiny dpad. ... well, there's always the gameboy player.. or you could buy the playstation versions of the slug games if you've got a ps2.. i think ms1, msx, ms3, and ms4 are out on ps/ps2 already. actually not sure about 4, but it's either out or will be out soon.. and ms5 is already in the works.. as long as the shoot and jump buttons are on the gba's face (ie, the a and b buttons) and the grenade is on the right shoulder (and lastly, 'frontal assault'--send slug vehicle into self-destruct ram attack--is on the left, or maybe the select button), it should really be fine.. the dpad is small and slightly uncomfortable but it's still quite precise.  

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »
SNK is actually working on a Metal Slug game for XBox.  They wanted to do one for PS2, but Sony denied them.  Sadly, SNK isn't interested in doing a Metal Slug game (or any game) for Nintendo.  Also (semi-off topic), they're not considering doing a Crystalis sequel at this time.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »
it seems odd if you ask me. SNK was what could be considered "The king of underground/hardcore gaming." back in its heyday. They continued that logic with strong support on Dreamcast (I think), but now are targeting the PS2/Xbox. I'd like to think that Nintendo is more or the less the home of HC gaming. (Since we're more likely to pick up Ikaruga or Skies of Arcadia, hell, the producer behind Viewtiful Joe said they targeted the 'Cube because of the hardcore fanbase.)

Sony is giving SNK the runaround, and its highly doubtful they'll get decent sales on the 'Box; (SNK Vs Capcom may be an exception if they put Live support) just look at the Sega exclusives (Jet Set Radio Future, Shenmue II and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Any word if Ootgi did well?)

Maybe they're sick of losing money; they did go out of business (Though bad descsions but still..). Oh well, here's to Metal Slug, hopefully it will see the light of day...

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:19:52 PM »
The next Metal Slug will be in 3D, so be warned.

Offline Edisim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 08:25:54 PM »
3D.. yeah, i remember reading that and cringing.

hardcore gamers and kiddehs on the cube? hmm, sounds ... arrestable. but i guess the point there is that hardcore gamers care more about the game than the image, which is cube gamers all over. ...but then, as ugly as the xbox is, you could make that argument about xbox gamers too. ...though it's sorta different. ermm.... the xbox is ugly. bye.