Author Topic: Link to the Past Question  (Read 1655 times)

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Link to the Past Question
« on: November 16, 2003, 06:37:04 PM »
I always thought that Nintendo never made any gold cartridges for the SNES Zelda, but did they? I really want to know.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Link to the Past Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 08:34:25 PM »
not that i realy know of, the australian edition was standard grey cart with a faux gold sticker (more like yellow.... excriment) could have done in japan, or some ultra limited edition combo breaker version for pre-orders only.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Link to the Past Question
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 02:00:46 AM »
Nope...And I would be one to know, too...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 02:04:25 PM »
Wow... I'd never thought about it, but you're right, LttP didn't have a gold cart... what a rip-off!
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 06:05:23 PM »
I've got a differnent question.  In the tower before the end of the game (NOT the Pyramid), there's a room that shows up on the map, but is inaccessable, to my knowledge.  Does anyone know about this?  I could be wrong, but I remember about 10 years ago a friend was trying to get into the room, but decided it was just plain impossible.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
RE:Link to the Past Question
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 07:31:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Guitar Smasher
I've got a differnent question.  In the tower before the end of the game (NOT the Pyramid), there's a room that shows up on the map, but is inaccessable, to my knowledge.  Does anyone know about this?  I could be wrong, but I remember about 10 years ago a friend was trying to get into the room, but decided it was just plain impossible.

Could you describe the area? You are talking about Ganon's Tower, right?
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Guitar Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 06:40:18 AM »
I'm talking about the tower that you need the 7 crystals to open.  I wish I could describe the area, but it's been so long since I played the game.  I still have it, so maybe I'll play it again.  The only thing I can remember is that it shows up on the map, but I don't think that any other rooms were connected to it.  (I could be completely wrong).  I also seem to get the feeling that you could see an opening from the room, or something, while you ran up a bridge (which probably broke).  I think the opening was on the left side of the bridge.  This is from 10 years ago, so I could be completely wrong, though.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 09:57:10 AM »
Yeah, that's Ganon's Tower. I think I know what you are talking about too. There was a bridge and at the bottom of the screen at the end of the bridge there was a platform but it appeared there was no way to get over there. The only way to get over there was to have your back toward the platform and do a running dash into a piece of railing on the bridge. When you hit the railing you were knocked backwards and onto the platform. It was the only way to get into the room and wasn't very obvious since it was the only time you had to use that technique in the game so it's probably the room you are talking about.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Guitar Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 10:18:25 AM »
Yeah, maybe that was it.  But who know's?  Thanks!