Author Topic: Luigi's Mansion : 2001 Metroid Prime : 2002 Mario Kart : Double Dash 2003 What will be the big Christmas game of 2004  (Read 2315 times)

Offline FOX McLOUD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
#1 contendor is Star Fox Armada

#2 contendor is Geist

#3 contendor is Metroid Prime 2

MP2 was placed lower because it will probably slip into 2005 thus disqualiffying it.

NOTE : this is not a fact thread, it is mearly for the stimulation of peoples minds, and for debate on peoples opinions.

I eagerly await your rebuttles to this post.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
no clue about 2005.  if it's released on gamecube and not pushed back to n5, it could be mario 128.

but what i'd like to say is 'wha?' in regards to luigi's mansion being the 'big christmas game of 2001'.

too human = big christmas game of 2008.  w00t.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Killer 7
RE4 hopefully
Mario 128
MP 2 though i think it'll be out by september
Maybe Animal crossing 2

I think Rogue squadron was the game for xmas 2001.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
"but what i'd like to say is 'wha?' in regards to luigi's mansion being the 'big christmas game of 2001'."

I agree.  Smash Bros was clearly the Cube game to own that Christmas.  Luigi's Mansion is only remembered because it was a launch title.  If it were released any other time it would have been completely forgotten.  Worst. Launch title. Ever.

If a new Mario game comes out next Christmas it will be the big title.  That or Metroid Prime 2.  It all depends on when they're released.  Since most of the titles that we know about for the Cube come out within the first half of next year we probably won't really have an idea what the big Christmas title will be until after E3.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
Luigi's Mansion=big GCN game of 2001. That honor clearly goes to SSBM.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
I think, well I hope, that StarFox Armada will turn out to be good enough of a game to be next year's biggest GameCube title. I'd be extremely happy if that was the case.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Well, Wind Waker 2 should be coming out around that time so I would go with it.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
I would have to say either Wind Waker 2 if its out, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes or Metroid Prime 2 if it dosent get delayed for the N5.

Edited:
Maybe True Crime 2 if they get the sequal out by then.
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
I don't know about MGS. It will have been out for almost a year. WW2 and MP2 sound like safe bets. But then again, I don't even know when those games are coming out.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
I'm praying Shiggy's "hide the donut" act with Mario128 just has me overreacting and that it will actually make it out for GC - and be around next holiday season.

I will then take my FAT haul of Christmas '04 games and giggle like a schoolgirl.

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
More like SSBM Christmas 2001 game but I think it will be RE4.

I cant wait for games like Wario Ware and DOnkey Konga. Those are the reasons I bought GC.
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: SuperLink666
More like SSBM Christmas 2001 game but I think it will be RE4.

I cant wait for games like Wario Ware and DOnkey Konga. Those are the reasons I bought GC.

Please tell me your joking.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers