Author Topic: Has their been any new Geist info?  (Read 2682 times)

Offline SuperLink666

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Has their been any new Geist info?
« on: September 27, 2003, 04:53:14 AM »
I thought this game looks really sweet. It could probably be a Halo killer and that is what Nintendo needs a good FPS. Lets hope for online deathmatches or atleast LAN so we can tunnel

Any news on BOTS? I know there is multiplayer but BOTS is what I need to keep me playing!
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Has their been any new Geist info?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 05:00:59 AM »
1) No news since E3

2) I hope it's pushed back to Ninty's next system

3) It better have bots...I don't think they've said yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 05:19:51 AM »
nah no more games pushed back for N5 please
I really want TOo Human on N5 to live out its greatness and maybe on or 2 other current dev games
but not Geist, the GCN still got a while to go

I really dont know what to think of this game, it sounds interesting and might actually be great, but then again, you never know, I just hope its Nintendo quality.
LZ 2005

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 05:22:09 AM »
The gameplay kind of reminds me of Perfect dark. PGC should have some more media (well I havent saw any here but I never looked)

Anyway maybe the E3 demo will be more polished and they will put it on the Mario Kart demo disk you get for preordering!
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 05:28:15 AM »
I think it should be pushed back, because I want this game to be perfect.  I don't want them throwing it out just to get it on the market

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 05:32:38 AM »
Metal gear twin snakes is officially pushed back to q1 2004.  Aint that a @$tch.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline almondblight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 06:56:45 AM »
It's depressing that the Cube isn't even two years old yet, and people are saying we should hold games until the next system.  Can you imagine if people were like this about the SNES?  If people were saying in 1992 to hold of Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc. for the next system?  Why not let the cube live a bit before we pull the plug?

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 08:12:15 AM »
The President of n-Space teaches the Game Design course at my college (U of Central Fla).  And I have an open invitation from the director of the Digital Media department to take a tour of the particular school...  Maybe I should hunt him down and bug him for info.  That and why his company has hardly any next-gen software released/planned.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2003, 11:35:57 AM »
Exactly, almond- if all of the Cube's great upcoming games get pushed onto the N5, the Cube's going to be rpetty pathetic. There's a few titles I wouldn't mind being pushed back, like Too Human (althoguh I'm not sure my patience could hold out o_O), but largely I'd like my Gamecube to have life full of great games, not just it's first two years.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
RE: Has their been any new Geist info?
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2003, 11:57:05 AM »
I just hope they don't settle for just good graphics. Often what sets FPS's apart are the graphics and not much else. I know that Geist has the whole "possession" feature, which sounds interesting, but if it's not used creatively or in multiplayer then the game won't stand out much. I'm looking forward to it though.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2003, 12:15:29 PM »

Originally posted by: almondblight
It's depressing that the Cube isn't even two years old yet, and people are saying we should hold games until the next system.  Can you imagine if people were like this about the SNES?  If people were saying in 1992 to hold of Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc. for the next system?  Why not let the cube live a bit before we pull the plug?

THANK YOU for posting perfection.  I have been trying to say that for a long time, but I was never able to put is as well as that.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 01:52:05 PM »
people need to stop thinking that everygame is going to be pushed back. Too Human maybe, but thats it!
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 02:36:22 PM »
Ok, the only games that I have EVER said should be held back are Too Human and Geist...Reasons being, 1) Too Human would be a killer launch title...and SK is working on a secret project anyway which will probably have first priority...2) Geist just began production late last year!  I don't care what anyone says, but to put the Ninty polish on it, it needs to have a LOT of work done on it.  If this can be done in a year, that's great, but if not I would rather wait for it.  It's a great concept, but great concepts have been ruined in the past due to developers rushing out their games...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 03:00:02 PM »
If Nintendo needed 3 or 4 years to develop every game, they WILL go under. Deadlines are set for a reason.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2003, 11:32:44 PM »
i hope gamecueb has alot of games come out that are memorable...however i think that work on the next system is needed. Nintendo is too often unprepared for the next generation and needs to get on top of that. The problem is nowadays its hard to be a 10.0 game. The bar is set so high.
Sure im one ofthose that agree too human should be a launch title for the next system(in other words there better be some sort of action/adventure game at launch......). At the same time i want the sequl to eternal darkness on this system or perhaps some other new sk franchise. As far as other games go...i dont want any other games to be pushed back that have been announced thus far.  So far geist hasn't really caught my eye. We have till about 2007 for Ninty to hault production of gcn games. I say let gcn get milked for years even while the next system is out.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 01:29:58 AM »
not every game needs 3-4 years to devolop. Last time you saw the game  was 5 months ago - alot of polish has surley been put on it + give it another 7 months and you have yourself a great game ( hopefully). Too Human will be pushed to n5 . Mario 128 will come early next year and the n5 will launch late 2005 - early 2006
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA