Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 81: Of Balls And Battleborn  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 81: Of Balls And Battleborn
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:01:51 PM »
Seriously, this might be the longest discussion of Battleborn ever.
Time: 3'10"29 (Download)
Well muchachos, you asked for it: another Nintendo Free Radio has taken the air. Stephen's moving precluded him from much New Business, though he did give a brief overview of his Monster Hunter Generations progress. Donald tries to wrangle the team through discussions of 7th Dragon III Code: VfD, a couple of review games (Ambition of the Slimes, Tadpole Treble), the Blast Ball part of 2016 Game of the Year Metroid Prime Federation Force and... Minecraft. Yes, Minecraft. Like the game itself, it didn't last long. Austen has some brief mentions including Yooka-Laylee's Toybox demo, but his main event is Battleborn. 115 hours worth of non-whiny penguins, insane AI and stupid leveling systems.

Whatcha Watchin' opens with Stephen talking Beat Bugs (Netflix) before engaging in a 4x100 relay with Donald on the Olympics (we recorded on Day 9). Donald wanted to keep his conversations short... and failed miserably since he made the mistake of dredging up The Force Awakens for another beating before going to the one movie more controversial than that: Ghostbusters (2016). The end result: One new crush, one whipping.

The Feature discussion is normally related to our anniversary, as we dust off the first episode's feature and discuss games we're hyped for for the rest of the year. Note that at time of recording, Deus Ex: I Never Asked For This and Federation Force weren't out yet. The Mushrooms include the Final Fantasy XV delay that was all over but the shouting, Donald never darkening a doorstep again, and Stephen getting free surround sound equipment.

You've got a little time to get your feedback to us for the next show, so drop it to the usual places or leave it below!

This podcast was edited on August 14 and was edited by Donald Theriault, as the last thing he did as a 31 year old.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:05:17 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.