Author Topic: Sonic Boom: Fire And Ice To Cool End Of September  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Sonic Boom: Fire And Ice To Cool End Of September
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »

Plus an announcement of an anniversary convention.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42318/sonic-boom-fire-and-ice-to-cool-end-of-september

Sonic's first 25th anniversary game will be hitting before the end of September.

At a celebration panel at the South by Southwest music/tech festival in Austin, Sega confirmed that the 3DS sequel will release on September 27 in North America. It was originally slated for a Q4 2015 release before being delayed into the anniversary year.

During the same conference, which ignored such series highlights as Sonic 2006, a fan celebration was announced to take place in San Diego on July 22. It is expected that a new Sonic game for consoles will be announced at that event, scheduled to coincide with San Diego ComicCon.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Sonic Boom: Fire And Ice To Cool End Of September
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 07:52:26 PM »
No plz no.
Made you look ****.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »
What's there to celebrate
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »
The tenth anniversary of Sonic 06. The game that actually is, that bad.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
Here's to 25 years of diminishing returns!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »
Here's to 25 years of diminishing returns!
I'll drink to that!
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:31 PM »

The liberation of Sanzaru from the depths of Hell so they can hopefully go on to make Sly Cooper 5.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 03:21:23 AM »
Sorry but only forum users with Batman-like avatars are allowed to post in this thread. Please take your post to another thread that allows for.... other... avatar types.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »
It took me way too long to notice what Zap's avatar was.

Sonic is kind of like the Simpsons in that it has been going on for so long past the best before date that you realize the good stuff is the minority.  The good stuff is so old and outnumbered by the bad that if you only like the good stuff you're so out of the loop with the series as a whole that you probably couldn't even call yourself a fan and certainly couldn't relate with someone who truly is a fan of the whole thing.

Sonic has also passed this point where if the series got back on track would we notice?  I've heard enough Sonic fans go on about how THIS game is the return to form with practically every new release so if it truly got good again I wouldn't believe their testimony and go try it out.  How do you take the testimony of someone that has put up with so many mediocre or outright crummy releases at face value?  Do they even know what a good Sonic game would be like, because good compared to Sonic 2006 isn't necessarily anything to write home about?

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »
It took me way too long to notice what Zap's avatar was.

Sonic is kind of like the Simpsons in that it has been going on for so long past the best before date that you realize the good stuff is the minority.  The good stuff is so old and outnumbered by the bad that if you only like the good stuff you're so out of the loop with the series as a whole that you probably couldn't even call yourself a fan and certainly couldn't relate with someone who truly is a fan of the whole thing.

Sonic has also passed this point where if the series got back on track would we notice?  I've heard enough Sonic fans go on about how THIS game is the return to form with practically every new release so if it truly got good again I wouldn't believe their testimony and go try it out.  How do you take the testimony of someone that has put up with so many mediocre or outright crummy releases at face value?  Do they even know what a good Sonic game would be like, because good compared to Sonic 2006 isn't necessarily anything to write home about?
You say that like it's a bad thing! XD
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 08:52:33 PM »
25 years of starring off decent an then quickly becoming the laughing stock of the industry.