Author Topic: Super Zombi U, I'm freely warming up to it  (Read 88200 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Super Zombi U, I'm freely warming up to it
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
Ubisoft is probably working on a port for the PS4 and XBone.
I guess Kytim knew it before anyone else.  Maybe he's the reason some thought this was official.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »

Wii U vs PS4 comparison.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2015, 07:08:30 AM »
The port popped up on XBL at 9:30am ET last night.

The review embargo was like, 5am today.

Wii U definitive version confirmed.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
Still interested to see how review scores shake out in comparison to the Wii U release. I'm betting the re-releases will score between 5 and 10% higher in the end for no good reason other than being released on more popular platforms.

Already noticed at least one outlet giving the new versions a higher score despite calling them (essentially) weak ports that remove content.  I guess reviewers and "real gamers" are just so entrenched with their controllers of choice that not having to hold the gamepad makes all the difference to them?

Also interested to see how often the word "gimmick" is used in reviews when they refer to the Wii U release. (To be fair, using the word is probably fair... I'm just curious to see how strongly it's emphasized.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »

Wii U vs PS4 comparison.

I think the port suffers a little with loss of the grime filter, but the wider FOV is nice. Other than the HUD, no huge differences.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
Already noticed at least one outlet giving the new versions a higher score despite calling them (essentially) weak ports that remove content.  I guess reviewers and "real gamers" are just so entrenched with their controllers of choice that not having to hold the gamepad makes all the difference to them?

Also interested to see how often the word "gimmick" is used in reviews when they refer to the Wii U release. (To be fair, using the word is probably fair... I'm just curious to see how strongly it's emphasized.)

Personally, I don't see it being any less valid to give a game a higher score because it plays well with your controller of choice than to give a game a higher score because it kinda sorta gave people the impression the Wii U GamePad wasn't a worthless, expensive gimmick.

Personally, I'm just amused that 3 years later, we still don't have a game where people can say you "have" to play it with the GamePad. So far, every game that's come out has played just as well or better with a standard controller (or, in the case of Rayman Legends, on a handheld).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.