Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 42: We Apologise For The Unannehmlichkeiten  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 42: We Apologise For The Unannehmlichkeiten
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »
We have normality. Repeat: We have normality. Anything you can't deal with is therefore your own problem.

Direct Download (Time: 3:11:58)

After delaying the show a week to get in some European trade show action, Nintendo Free Radio has returned to brighten your Labor Day. Stephen opens New Business on a somber note by leading a discussion of the extremely controversial Depression Quest, but the controversy is set aside in favor of discussing it as a game and teaching tool. Continuing the theme of psycho-analysis, Stephen dives into the odd world of Doki-Doki Universe. Austen returns to the Cold War with cross-platform stealth action game Counterspy, completely sells out by talking about the three good mobile phone games that aren't Twitter (tm Dr. J. Metts), and finishes with a rare family-friendly PS4 game in The Last Tinker: City of Colors. Donald was clearly in a violent mood, so he takes his frustrations out on Persona 4 Arena and Ultra Street Fighter IV with a couple of brief stops on Vita fighters as well.

DON'T PANIC - Now Posted's back (ok, panic a bit), then it's down to Whatcha Watchin'. Stephen attended the Ultimate Car Build-Off while diving into the 1980s BBC rendition of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and finishes with a look at Hunter x Hunter. Donald keeps the anime train rolling with the beloved cyberpunk talker Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, while Austen hits Cardcaptor Sakura (dodgy East Asian English dub included), Muppets Most Wanted and a brief Korra update before discussing the number one movie in the nation that stars a former world heavyweight champion, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Think we'd ignore Gamescom? NEIN! Although it didn't get the full E3 blowout, the spate of game announcements and removals provides plenty of fodder for discussion. Also, you may slap the nearest EA executive for using "selfie" and "all the feels" in the same presser. The Mushrooms throw shade on hoarders, mourn the passing of Robin Williams, and celebrate the return of Cowboy Bebop.

There's not a lot of Nintendo here, but that's probably going to change next time - why not send us your thoughts on the Smash leaks, Mario Kart 8 add-ons or the New 3DS? Send that over to nintendofreeradio@gmail.com or leave it below. Until next time, eat, tweet, delete, repeat.

This podcast was recorded on August 24 and edited by Donald Theriault and Austen Parkin. All music and clips is used under fair use provisions.

Show links:
http://imgur.com/a/I8jDa - Album containing the pictures from Donald's Poison and the next half-billion dollar Marvel movie
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 42: We Apologise For The Unannehmlichkeiten
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:23:34 AM »
Oh man, i loved Junkyard Wars, Scrapheap Challenge and other similar shows. I think Henry Rollins was the host on one of them.

I don't really think that your eyeballs really explode in open space?.. Someone should ask Dr. Metts.

Oh and thanks for Gameboy World. I love Chrontendo series, and with Dr. Sparks on a huge hiatus this will fill the void perfectly.

The Swapper achievements are not only just numbers they are roman numerals too (also i am pretty sure there are 10 of them not 5). You need to find secret rooms that are hidden behind fake walls.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:17:33 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »
Oh man, i loved Junkyard Wars, Scrapheap Challenge and other similar shows. I think Henry Rollins was the host on one of them.
I know they are always a riot.  I hope Netflix gets more of them.  Especially Junkyard Wars.  I think my Son get a kick out of that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »
The Swapper achievements are not only just numbers they are roman numerals too (also i am pretty sure there are 10 of them not 5). You need to find secret rooms that are hidden behind fake walls.

Yeah, I know. I followed a walkthrough when I played the game that pointed out where all the secret terminals were. I just thought the way that game handled trophies was funny, as if the developers were showing open contempt for them. As for the overall number, I know there were 10 of them. It was a setup for a Spaceballs joke. :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.