Author Topic: Episode 298: How Many Licks Does It Take?  (Read 15945 times)

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 298: How Many Licks Does It Take?
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Possible RFN Gap-fillers for next week?

A couple episodes of charging up while talking about how powerful their next attack will be. My bad, I thought filler and my mind immediately went to Dragonball Z

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
- Radio Free Nintendo: Forum Trolls takeover: - The four most-smited forum posters host an hour-long gripe fest about how Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing and have failed the hardcore gamer.
Be careful what you wish for.  We'd probably just troll you by doing a 3 hour podcast about things we like about Nintendo.   :P: : : :
If anyone really wanted to do a Mock RFN for kicks and Giggles.  I am definitely game.  I'm sure Broodwars and I can argue then agree then argue about something if Twitter is any indication.

- Radio Free Nintendo: Connectivity regulars fill-in, using the RFN "now playing", and then "listener mail" format to the show.

Wouldn't that just be Resurrecting NWR Newscast?

It's been a while since Newscast ran, but I remember it being incredibly unformatted and it was more of a stream of consciousness, with the occasional news bit and email thrown in.

Just curious what it would sound like if they followed a similar rigid formatting that RFN held itself up to. 

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »

A couple episodes of charging up while talking about how powerful their next attack will be. My bad, I thought filler and my mind immediately went to Dragonball Z

Funny.  When I think "filler", my mind jumps immediately to Bleach and Naruto.  :P: Yeah, DBZ's padding was bad, but at least you got actual story content more than once every 3 seasons.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »

A couple episodes of charging up while talking about how powerful their attack will be. My bad, I thought filler and my mind immediately went to Dragonball Z
While we are going that route.

A Side Story where James Finds Love.
Dr.Metts Gets led by a Frog he Happens on to a Wonderful Life Lesson.
Lindy's Collection gains Sentiency and begins to go on the Offensive for Attention much like a Small Child.
Neg-G has Frightening Flash Backs to his days in Da-Hood and the things he had to do while Preparing for an unknown activity.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:17:14 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »
If you need something for New Business, I could do Black 2/White 2...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:42 AM »
- Radio Free Nintendo: Forum Trolls takeover: - The four most-smited forum posters host an hour-long gripe fest about how Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing and have failed the hardcore gamer.
Be careful what you wish for.  We'd probably just troll you by doing a 3 hour podcast about things we like about Nintendo.   :P: : :
If anyone really wanted to do a Mock RFN for kicks and Giggles.  I am definitely game.  I'm sure Broodwars and I can argue then agree then argue about something if Twitter is any indication.
[/quote]
Hey, I'd be down for that, too! I've partaken and edited several podcasts for college classes in my Digital Media field.. so I'd be well-versed in that. :)

Bring it on!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:21 AM »
Another awesome episode, RFN crew.  I think you guys really nailed a lot of the justifications behind many of Nintendo's philosophies.  It reminded me of a famous phrase from the world of sports coaching: "if you listen too much to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them."  Nintendo makes the games and we play them.  I like that system just fine.

Also, I really loved all the history lessons on the gaming industry in this ep.  Somehow I had no idea Ultra was owned by Konami... but even back in the day I always felt the games made by each company shared a lot of ear marks!!

Keep up the great work. Can't wait for ep 300.  I assume it will begin with something about how this is not just madness, this is RFN... only with more yelling.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »
... only with more yelling.
Mostly from James.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »
What if for Episode 300 you guys broke up the segments with some Nintendo related stories. While it's always illuminating and interesting to hear you guys discuss video games, I often find that my favourite parts of the show are when an individual memeber of the RFN crew spins a tale. Jon's bizarre tale of the mysterious Demolition Man expert stands out to me as being really funny and memorable. So that's my request for Episode 300. I'd like to hear some Nintendo-related stories narrated by the RFN crew, either personal stories about your experience as Nintendo fans or maybe just an interesting tale you've heard about Nintendo. Something akin to the short stories produced by Radiolab for instance? That might be kind of cool.

Plus, these could be short scripted little stories narrated by each individual that could then simply be dropped into the breaks between segments. So for Gui I would hope that the editing would be minimal.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:53:15 AM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
Be careful what you wish for.  We'd probably just troll you by doing a 3 hour podcast about things we like about Nintendo.   :P: : : : : :
Hey, I'd be down for that, too! I've partaken and edited several podcasts for college classes in my Digital Media field.. so I'd be well-versed in that. :)

Bring it on!

I would be extremely overjoyed if my snarky comment resulted in a substantive podcast.  I only suggest that it is titled "NFR" (Nintendo Free Radio).

Ninja Edit: My post used to imply that I've had extensive experience in recording and editing podcasts by accidentally not quoting another forum poster's comment.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:53:01 AM by lolmonade »

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »

- Radio Free Nintendo: Connectivity regulars fill-in, using the RFN "now playing", and then "listener mail" format to the show.

Hmm...

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
No love for the tootsie pop commerical reference?
Had me rollin', especially how Jon got the inflection juuust right on the "Two"!

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
No love for the tootsie pop commerical reference?
Had me rollin', especially how Jon got the inflection juuust right on the "Two"!

I was hoping for Lindy to say something like

"a-one, a-two, a-RRRRRRNNNNGGGGGG!"

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
Be careful what you wish for.  We'd probably just troll you by doing a 3 hour podcast about things we like about Nintendo.   :P: : : :

It's been a while since Newscast ran, but I remember it being incredibly unformatted and it was more of a stream of consciousness, with the occasional news bit and email thrown in.

Just curious what it would sound like if they followed a similar rigid formatting that RFN held itself up to. 

Have you listen to Connectivity?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »
Be careful what you wish for.  We'd probably just troll you by doing a 3 hour podcast about things we like about Nintendo.   :P: : : : : :

Have you listen to Connectivity?

I have indeed.  Actually subscribed to it.  I would compare connectivity to a "variety hour" format, whereas RFN seems to follow a much more rigid format.  I appreciate both for different reasons, but just had a quick ponder in my mind regarding what a Connectivity takeover of RFN would sound like.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:36:43 PM by lolmonade »

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
How many licks? Not suitable for this thread...  ;D
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
SSD's have TUMBLED in price recently. I've seen them going for less than £100 recently.