Author Topic: Okami HD Announced (Once again Capcom pulls an RE4 on Nintendo)  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Okami HD Announced (Once again Capcom pulls an RE4 on Nintendo)
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
Posting a news article I thought people here would be interested in is "instigating crap"? Maybe comparing this to RE4 wasn't 100% accurate, but other than that what is wrong about me posting this?

It's obvious I'm talking about this when I say you're instigating crap, so don't be obtuse, play the victim, and insult my intelligence. This is yet another reason why you're not liked.

Whoa, bold statement there, buddy. I happen to like points that Chozo and few others make on this forum, because it keeps everyone in check. Not everyone has to agree on everything (such as I'm doing with you right now), and it's all for the better.

But yeah, I really hope this lands on Wii U's eShop. ^_^

I'm talking for myself not liking him (which is increasingly easier and easier to do considering his tactics). I'm not speaking for everyone. And this has nothing to do with needing everyone to agree with everybody. This has to do with Chozo acting out, posting something incendiary, and then acting the victim and/or obtuse about it. I should just ignore him, but it's just so easy to call him out on it. Pathetically so.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:43:13 PM by Phil »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »
Well, then I have to ask... did you play the Wii version of Okami on a HD televsion, or did you play it the correct way on a SDtv? Because the game is outright gorgeous on a standard def tv. Even taking away the graphical effect from the PS2 version, the game looks great. And honestly (remember, I played both), I much prefer the Wii version - both graphically and play control-wise.

It's how I played Skyward Sword, too - which also totally blew me away on a SDtv.

I don't own an HDTV. I played it SD, and I still don't like that they took out the paper parchment filter. For me, it ruins the game for me. I'm just a hardcore Okami fanboy like that.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
Well, then I have to ask... did you play the Wii version of Okami on a HD televsion, or did you play it the correct way on a SDtv? Because the game is outright gorgeous on a standard def tv. Even taking away the graphical effect from the PS2 version, the game looks great. And honestly (remember, I played both), I much prefer the Wii version - both graphically and play control-wise.

It's how I played Skyward Sword, too - which also totally blew me away on a SDtv.

I don't own an HDTV. I played it SD, and I still don't like that they took out the paper parchment filter. For me, it ruins the game for me. I'm just a hardcore Okami fanboy like that.
Oh, wow. Hah, very well then. Like I said, to each his own. :)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
Of course. And that's why I'll probably hate this HD version, but I always have to give it a chance to see it in motion. Obviosly, since I don't own an HDTV, I won't see too much of a difference, just the absence of the paper parchment filter and the color difference.

I'm curious to see how different the Move controllers are to the Wii controls, but since I don't own a Move, I'll be going off of other's impressions.

I'd rather have Okami 2 (or 3, I guess) than an HD version.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
The Wii version was not superior. It removed the paper parchment effect (semi-ruining the graphics) and tried to fix the control issues with the brush of the first game with motion control (which only made things worse).
Oh, I highly disagree with this statement. It may have been worse for you, but I found that using the Celestial brush with motion control was fantastic. I very rarely had a problem painting the symbols, and I found the combat quite enjoyable -- even with the goofy waggle for attack. And this all coming from a guy who played the much inferior PS2 version, too.

I would say, "You're doing it wrong." But eh.. to each his own. :/ Whatevs.

Aww... you reminded me about the waggle.  While I thought the brush controls were good, the waggle was disappointing and largely ignored when I played because it's kind of annoying (to me at least). 

Shucks, had almost blocked that part of the controls right out.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
From everything I heard this may be more exciting if it was coming for 3DS.  I can't honestly see the Move Recognition to be better because its a semi flakey accessory.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
3DS? I want a Wii U version.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »
Posting a news article I thought people here would be interested in is "instigating crap"? Maybe comparing this to RE4 wasn't 100% accurate, but other than that what is wrong about me posting this?

It's obvious I'm talking about this when I say you're instigating crap, so don't be obtuse, play the victim, and insult my intelligence. This is yet another reason why you're not liked.

I don't know you, and so for that same reason I seriously doubt you know me, so don't be making assumptions because you're just making an ass out of yourself. A few week sago I wouldn't have known you from Adam, but lately you've come out of the woodwork and been attacking me every chance you get. Its like you have a vendetta against me, which is weird for someone who just recently appeared out of nowhere.

You don't even know me yet you already don't like me? Okay, fine... well I guess the feeling are mutual. I don't know you at all either, aside from your constantly harassing me, so that's all I have to go by about you... and yes I don't like it. You could be an awesome person for all I know, but I guess we got off on the wrong foot.

ETA: And yet somehow I'm the one who is "instigating crap". What the hell is it that you're trying to accomplish?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:49:04 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
I didn't have that much of a problem with celestial brush Wii controls during normal gameplay (aside from I think one of the "advanced" symbols that is optional and useless), but every time there was a quick time event sequence I came within a hair's breadth of chucking the game out the window. Those sequences made me angry enough to dislike the overall game.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
The PlayStation Blog posted some Impressions of Okami HD.  Now, given that this is a Sony-run Blog and a Sony exclusive, take the article in general with a heavy grain of salt.  But this is the important part I'd like to point out:

The team even lets you play with filter effects in this version; opt for “Heavy,” and the sky appears to have been painted on a rough scroll, making things pop with a timeless, storybook look. It’s may be clichéd to say, but I can’t help but think that Okami HD is a more pure expression of the vision that Clover Studio had when they created the game in 2006.

So for those of you complaining about the "parchment" filter being gone, Sony just confirmed that it's there.  It's just a toggle-able option.  The game will also run natively in 1080p.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:00:37 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
YESSSSSS. Instant buy, day 1.