Author Topic: whats the MS/Nintendo rumor, dont post new rumors  (Read 2857 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
whats the MS/Nintendo rumor, dont post new rumors
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:49:34 PM »
what's the deal with the MS/Nintendo collaboration rumor?
does ATI working for both next consoles have any bearing to it?

please don't post any rumors, just explain the former.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
RE:whats the MS/Nintendo rumor, dont post new rumors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 03:47:08 AM »
There's nothing to explain, it's just bull.
"wow."

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: whats the MS/Nintendo rumor, dont post new rumors
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 06:52:27 AM »
i think it went something like microsoft and nintendo were going to team up to blow sony out of the water in the next round of the console wars.  microsoft makes the best/most powerful/heaviest console and nintendo owns the licenses to some of the biggest franchises so combining their forces would be the only way they could compete against sony.  when it was announced that ati was going to be powering both company's next consoles, it only fueled the rumor.

before i get bushwacked, i didn't say i think the xbox is the most powerful console, i just said that's what others were saying.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 07:19:42 AM »
Nintendo and Microsoft both have IBM and ATI as partners, but that doesn't mean anything. Chip manufacturers often service many competing customers.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 01:14:23 PM »
Who cares, nvidia has been helping sony with the graphics processor for CELL, and IBM is just huge, who cares.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 09:25:03 PM »

Originally posted by: manunited4eva22
Who cares, nvidia has been helping sony with the graphics processor for CELL, and IBM is just huge, who cares.

nVidia? News to me. It's been all IBM and Hitachi that i've been hearing all this time.
"wow."

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 06:38:16 AM »
Here is a link, it's CNN, but for once they did report something similar to the truth

http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/27/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 09:16:06 AM »
Should be interesting to see how "similar" N5 and Xbox Next will be, especially if they both have ATI and IBM. But, I guess whoever pays the most money (between Microsoft and Nintendo), will more than likely get the better hardware.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 11:06:09 AM »
An article from September saying nvidia is "in discussions" isn't really compelling proof. It could happen or not. In a separate article, Sony has said they were more interested in working in-house.
"wow."

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 11:09:12 AM »
Yeah, that's what I've read as well. I think Sony will stay in-house so they don't have to pay another company to do work that they're fully capable of doing themselves.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 12:26:46 PM »
...which is why they put up 1 billion dollars+ to have IBM help them out.  Whether they have or haven't exactly I can't say, nor can you, but then again sony is really great with pixel shading and a workable API, just look at PS2....oh wait...