Author Topic: The dbz game coming to gamecube....  (Read 7258 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The dbz game coming to gamecube....
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2003, 10:32:30 PM »
well yeah i just watched the 300th and 301st episode last night so simpsons is a little beyond 300 episodes (aussies get tv shows later than us/canada, just like games :\)

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The dbz game coming to gamecube....
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2003, 12:27:45 PM »
I don't know what yall said....

They should make it so when you power up, the ground cracks and junk. Also, when you turn to your Supreme level (i.e. Super Sayian) then there should be a huge explosion of energy power up scene (not cut scene) where the person acts as if they are transforming for the first time.

Also special attacks shouldn't suck ass and look like smoke when shot. and there should be a better combo/fighting system.

Only thing I'm very please with is the models......they look exactly like the cartoon, especially when your playing story mode and you see something happen exactly like the show (well duh).
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 12:32:26 PM »
The only reason I wouuld ever think of buying it for GC is if the added JUMPING. jesus christ how hard is it to program a D A M N jump!?!?!?
"Pass the BONG Chong!"

Offline TheOnionMan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2003, 12:31:32 PM »
I don't care how long a series is if it's good.  But that isn't the case with DBZ. I think DBZ could have been AT LEAST 100 episodes shorter. The Simpsons is an awesome show.  
Some people are just goobers..

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2003, 01:14:05 PM »
"The only reason I wouuld ever think of buying it for GC is if the added JUMPING. jesus christ how hard is it to program a D A M N jump!?!?!?"

They couldn't jump? A game based on characters who can fly didn't add jumping? I'm suddenly not so optimistic about this game.

"I don't care how long a series is if it's good. But that isn't the case with DBZ. I think DBZ could have been AT LEAST 100 episodes shorter. The Simpsons is an awesome show."

This thread has nothing to do with whether or not you like DBZ in general. So what say you quit trolling?
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2003, 03:04:47 PM »
I was parading through the release dates section and found the article for DBZ Budokai. Then after clicking on it i found a news article from May 20th 2001 stating how infogrames wanted to release DBZ games ( quote how i said games ) on both the GBA and GC. Well we got The Legacy of Goku and are going to get the sequel. SO WHERE ARE THESE GAMES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET FOR THE GC >_<

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2003, 11:19:11 AM »
Well for anyone that really cares... They are making a DBZ Budokai 2 for PS2 coming out in December including the characters in the Buu Saga plus other fancy features. And for those of you who think that jumping is going to be added to the GC version of Budokai keep dreaming. In the article where DBZ Budokai 2 was announced, they asked the creators why they didnt add jumping and or ducking to the game(s), They responded with ( and this is a semi-direct quote ) " when did Dragon Ball Z characters ever duck in the anime series?" for more info go here.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2003, 03:48:54 PM »
Ya I saw that video, I geuss they realized to fully use cel-shading. It looks good, but I hope they fix it, the combat engine anyway.

Also they should add this.....
1. When you change into your ultimate form (like SuperSayian), they should have a little real-time cutscene to emphisize the change. The ground should crack and fly up, the energy should flow like waves out of his body, then he should start yelling then finally change.

2. BETTER COMBO SYSTEM!

3. better graphics for wave attacks (it shouldn't look like smoke) and you should be able to do them with out having to press a combo first

4. to hell with this game, it needs to be re-done entirely
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu