Author Topic: 3DS Getting Lite Version?  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Getting Lite Version?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
The fact that the border of the bottom screen even touches the top screen is a really bad design flaw.  Mine hasn't scratched, but I do get smudges in a perfect line that do wipe off.  I would hope that this would be corrected.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:43:08 AM by Eyothrie »
RTR!

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »
I would also like a different finish.  My 3DS is a fingerprint and dust magnet that I constantly have to clean.  My DS lite just wasn't like this.   Sorry for the double post btw
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:48:47 AM by Eyothrie »
RTR!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:13 AM »
I seriously doubt this revision will be a "lite" compared to the current model. That is either deliberate misinformation (perhaps intended to throw off Sony and its future Vita plans in response), or someone just got things wrong. While I'm sure there are ways Nintendo could make it smaller and lighter, there is no positive benefit for them to do that because the system is already good enough in that respect.

What does need to improve is the battery and CPP needs to be integrated into it. Both of these things will by necessity have to result in a larger and heavier system. So that is what is going to happen. The 3DS will get larger and heavier in the next revision to accomodate those improved features, but its not going to be a huge increase phatness.

Very loosely translated, this text reads, "To promote sales of the 3DS, which is thick, a new lighter version may be introduced."

I was just thinking, maybe whoever wrote that was referring to the 3DS with the CPP attachment attached to it? Because that certainly does make the system thick. So if that is the case then any revision which integrates the CPP features into the system could very easily be very thinner and possibly lighter as well. There's no way in hell they could add CPP and have a system smaller than the default 3DS, but they could most certainly make it smaller than the default 3DS with its CPP shell combined. This could be what the author of the article means.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:23:00 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »
til that french site with the # in the name,( with all, the WiiU info spot on)
tells us, i'm not believing it.

Though i want a 3DS with Cpp built in really bad.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »
The 3DS is a really flawed piece of hardware, it really needs a new iteration.

What flaws really? It's a perfect size, really comfortable (unless you have gigantic hands), the stylus spot is fine. The only hardware flaw is the short battery life (I know I have seen people complain about the screen leaving a mark, though this hasn't happened to me)..

In addition to the two you mentioned:

- The start and select buttons are pretty bad, especially if you play a GB/NES VC game that assumes start or select is easy to press.
- The load times are really bad even in the OS, it takes a long time to load the main menu, then a long time to open the options screen, etc.
- The circle pad pro isn't integrated.
- No way to change the brightness without going to the home screen which doesn't work well with ambassador games (DSi allows select + volume switch to change that)
- Terrible rescaling for DS games
and I think I had some other issues with it but I don't remember them.