Author Topic: Ubisoft Making a Card Game for Wii U?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Ubisoft Making a Card Game for Wii U?
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »

An unannounced game appears to be in development.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28977

An unannounced game is in development for Wii U, according to the LinkedIn profile of Ubisoft employee Damien Bernard. The game is somehow tied in with cards.

Damien Bernard, a level designer for Ubisoft has updated his LinkedIn profile to include a listing for an unannounced Wii U game. It is not clear if the title is a card game for Wii U or the project is in development for both Wii U and as a card game, but the listing suggests the latter.

Bernard is currently the lead level designer on the project, according to his profile. It is safe to assume that we will be hearing more about this game after more details on the Wii U emerge.

Bernard worked as a level designer on several other Ubisoft projects including Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

Other Ubisoft employees make mention of Wii U projects, including developer Ben Yeoh, who refers a Wii U game titled Ghost Recon Online Arcade, a possible renaming of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online, which was revealed at last year's E3.

Update: Bernard's unannounced Wii U game listing remains, but the reference to cards has been removed. According to NeoGAF poster Hero of Legend, an individual at Ubisoft said it's a "Wii U game which we adapted to the card game/board game format."

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Ubisoft Making a Card Game for Wii U?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 11:19:21 PM »
Could we get Red Steel 3 instead?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
Wild World of Cardz with special guest appearances from the Imagine Party Babyz and Petz Horsez?
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline 1takauchiha

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »
Once I read 'card game', I automaticly thought of yugioh.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
I think Konami owns that license. It could Magic: The Gathering, I think that's bounced around a lot. Or perhaps even Nintendo loaning out the Pokemon TGC. It's been a while since we've seen one of those (GBC).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.