Author Topic: Shantae: Risky's Revenge Speed Run Contest!  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Speed Run Contest!
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »

Speed through this DSiWare title to earn an awesome prize!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/contest/26942

CONTEST NOW CLOSED. Please stay tuned for the winning entry and final prize!

It's well known that we here at NWR really, really love WayForward Technologies. I love the Shantae games, both the GBC original and the DSiWare sequel, and you should too. With gracious help from WayForward, NWR is proud to announce the Shantae: Risky's Revenge Speed Run contest! As you are probably aware, Risky's Revenge is best treated as a speed run game -- the faster you beat it, and the higher your item completion rate, the better the picture at the end of the credits -- just like the 2D Metroid games.

The rules are simple: Speed through Risky's Revenge with a 100% item completion rate (that's 34 items, kids, including the map) and take a photograph of the post-credits results screen. The deadline is July 10, 2011.

The winner -- he or she who has the fastest time with 100% -- will receive a prize that even I'm jealous of from WayForward Technologies. So get out there and practice, practice, practice! Can you beat MY best time of 1 hour, 46 minutes?

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Shantae: Risky's Revenge Speed Run Contest!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »
Im not a speedrunner but I hope this contest gets a lot of response.

somebody with a gamefaqs account needs to post this over there. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974895-shantae-riskys-revenge

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »
Ah I still need to beat this game, well I don't have anything planned for this weekend, I should sit down and beat it.

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Contest closed, congrats to the winner, etc.!