Author Topic: Industry Secrets We Shouldn't Know About.....  (Read 3337 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Industry Secrets We Shouldn't Know About.....
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »
ITT we will post about things in various Industries that are probably common knowledge to people in those industries but would probably turn off the general public if it became common public knowledge.

Things like McDonalds Chicken Nuggets before they became nuggets, what Taco Bells meat is actually made of and other things like that.

I will start it off with something I jsut found out about today in an email.

Meat Glue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXXrB3rz-xU&playnext=1&list=PL871373969404C514
This white powder sold by the kilo, is the meat industry's dirty little secret. It's called "meat glue." It makes pieces of beef, lamb, chicken or fish that would normally be thrown out stick together so closely that it looks like a solid piece of meat.

The video also mentions stuffing low grade meat with water to make it edible and old meat that should only be used for pet food.

Now I feel the need to inspect my meat a little closer at the grocery store and remember to ask about it at a restaurant so that I atleast make sure to get the meat fully cooked so that I don't ingest that stuff raw.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Industry Secrets We Shouldn't Know About.....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
Woah Woah woah waoh

Did he say they use pig coagulator in beef?! As a muslim, THAT IS FUCKED UP!

This has flipped my world upside down.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
Woah Woah woah waoh

Did he say they use pig coagulator in beef?! As a muslim, THAT IS FUCKED UP!

This has flipped my world upside down.
Muslim is anti-pig?  You know I probably knew that and total forgot.  Like I use to know more about Kosher eating and I've forgotten a lot of that as well.  I do remember that gypses won't eat anything that cleans itself.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »
Muslims and Jews don't eat pig. We also don't eat anything that isn't Halal or Kosher. Basically, anything that wasn't killed in a very humane way, i.e. no suffering for the animal. It's a lot harder to avoid the latter.

I'm not ultra-religious or anything, if you couldn't tell, but I have avoided eating pork my entire life. It's really fucked up to think it was all for nothing.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:30:14 PM »
If I have a choice I tend to ere kosher and like simply because those rules where put into place for very practical reasons.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:24:45 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
Um, I think the only 'Industry Secrets' that would turn us off would be food. Maybe the energy industry when it concerns safety and waste.

My work as a web designer doesn't have any dirty secrets that I know of...

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
My work as a web designer doesn't have any dirty secrets that I know of...

Frames.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
Every call centre drone is somehow graded on the quantity of calls they take in the run of a day unless it's very specific tech stuff. If your call is at 10 minutes since you got a human, you are at risk of getting transferred to the dialtone.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
Frames.

LOL. Not me.

Maybe buying a template instead of designing something from scratch every once in a blue moon... But that drives me crazy and I'm more apt to taking the art assets and plugging them into my own framework.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »
i like Hebrew National Hotdogs because they taste fantastic, i dont avoid pork because of any religious reason..im just not a fan of it....although sometimes its delicious. I love bacon though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »
Yeah, one thing about Kosher is you know it's prepared and processed at a higher quality.

Speaking of web design, I remember I made a free web template once that had a public domain picture of a Bald Eagle and posted it online. I got an angry email from some web site in Germany that said they were going to sue me for stealing their web site design, that their web designer claimed was completely original. I looked at their site and sure enough it was my HTML template. I pointed them to the US Forest Service website were I got the Eagle Picture and told them to sue the US government for stealing their eagle picture. I bet they fired their lying web designer.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:58:57 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 05:38:27 AM »
Companies making things like Iphone games now sometimes ship their workers to a different country.  I am not talking about outsourcing.  They set up a subsidiary in a different country and then hire their foreign (to that country) employees so they can pay them less money because of the cost of living and yet still get the creative benefits of having their US employees.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
oh so they ship them to another country so they can legally pay them less?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 11:43:04 PM »
oh so they ship them to another country so they can legally pay them less?

Generally it's not so they can legally pay them less but so they can pay them far less than their wages would be in the US.  They take advantage of the enormous cost of living difference and usually pay the employees so they can live a life similar to their life in the US in the cheap foreign country.  Usually this assumes that their life in the US involved saving little money and living with a roommate in a tiny apartment. I'm honestly not sure if it's under minimum wage but it's possible, especially if they work long hours for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:53:04 PM by SixthAngel »