Author Topic: This Week in Nintendo Downloads  (Read 1170 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »

Plants fight off zombies and lights create music in this week's crop of games.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25710

The week's update sees three games for DSiWare and one game and one demo for WiiWare. Highlighting the week's DSiWare updates is PopCap's Plants vs. Zombies. The tower defense-style title has players fighting off hordes of zombies using plants. Alongside the main game, there are four additional mini-games. Plants vs. Zombies can be downloaded for 800 DSi Points ($8).

From Agetec Inc. is Rabi Laby, an Alice in Wonderland-themed co-op game in which players must use the abilities of the main protagonists in order to survive the game's labyrinths. The title has been priced at 500 DSi Points ($5).

The final DSiWare game for the week is cerasus.media's 5 in 1 Mahjong. The 200 DSi Point ($2) title features several variations of the famous game, including "Memory" and "Shuffle".

The WiiWare game for the week is Liight, from Studio Walljump. Liight is a puzzle game in which players must correctly place beams of light in their corresponding places. Doing so will create music. Puzzles can be created and sent to friends over WiiConnect24. Liight is available for 500 Wii Points ($5).

This week's update wraps up with a demo version of Mix Superstar from Digital Leisure. The title turns player into music mixers as they use various beats to create songs. The Wii Speak microphone is also compatible with the game. The demo can be downloaded free of charge.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:11:52 AM »
I wonder what was taken out from the retail DS version of the game for the DSiWare release.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 04:12:10 AM »
Wow, I had completely forgotten about Liight. That was announced way back near the launch of WiiWare in 2008 - took them long enough. I remember thinking it looked like a neat little puzzle game.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
It can't be a good thing that I first read the abstract as "this week's crap of games."

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »
The amusing thing about Rabi Laby is that in Japanese it's called Rabi x Rabi since there is no differentiation between L and R.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
I wonder what was taken out from the retail DS version of the game for the DSiWare release.

I've got a request into Popcap, hopefully they get back to me soon. But I just bought the cart (well, got it for free on credit) and if they didn't cut anything and added stuff, I'll be slightly distressed.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »
So I never heard of this Plants vs. Zombies. Is it any good?