Author Topic: Hey everyone I'm back! :)  (Read 1422 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Hey everyone I'm back! :)
« on: May 12, 2003, 08:57:58 PM »
I'm sorry this is off topic,

Hey everybody, Sorry haven't been on in the past two days, Long story but to make it short it deals with the Hard Drive, somehow it got corrupted or in other cases the computer couldn't recognize it anymore. So I went to office depoe and got a Maxtor 40GB drive "previous was 5GB"

It was alot of trial and error, and to get the computer to see the full 40Gigs, I end up restoring the old drive and used it as a boot drive and the other as extra storage device. Which the computer see's both as it should. Man this is hard, I've spent the last 33hrs working on it. I really should update my bios, But I'm not sure where or how one would do that and getting the right one. I heard if you can updaye bios, the computer would be able to do more and keep up with the times.

My computer is a 300MHZ AMD k-6 Acer\Aspire ATI 3D Rage graphics2 processor. I have 3 pci slots and 4 or more agp slots, including CD-rom drive and CDRW-drive with 160MB ram. I plann to do more if I can.

Thought I would tell everyone why I wasn't able to get to the boards, and to hear any output.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 09:13:24 PM »
you left?
should have posted this in general chat, for here i fear it will be locked

welcome back btw
/me hugs seagate 60gb 7200 rpm

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 09:28:55 PM »
i only have 8 on this pos comp  myslf...damn outdated hds
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 09:42:44 PM »
Get a new one, you can get a 40Gig for $40 with rebate of course, but still not a bad deal. I got one at office depo, yeah but I like this AMD system I preffer amd over pentiums.

Now that the HD mess is over, I can start doing my posting again although I would love to put a DVD Drive on this computer, it was made for watching media. But I want to get a DVD RW+ so I can watch and burm all in one.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res