Author Topic: bonus discs  (Read 2812 times)

Offline coolio39

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
bonus discs
« on: May 03, 2003, 05:21:40 AM »
i really liked the whole package the zelda game with a disc and i thought it was a smart idea. I think we should see more big games packaged with there predecessors. Like maybe the new star fox shooter could be packaged with the original star fox and  star fox 64. The next metroid could come with a disc featuring super metroid and maybe metroid 2, and they shouldnt have to be unlockable things  like in prime. The next mario could come with mario 64 and maybe anoter snes mario game. The next zelda could have majoras mask and maybe a link to the past or something. Presales and sales in software would go considerably up. Let me know what you think.
For half nude, barely clad, martial artist women  playing volleyball , there is no power greater then X

Offline ZebulahnX

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 05:29:54 AM »
An F-zero bonus disk would be a great idea.  Why?  Cuz, like Zelda, F-zero was on N64 and 64DD.  Having F-zero X and the Track Editor on the same disk would be great.

Offline coolio39

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 05:33:35 AM »
i dont believe i forgot to mention f-zero, it would be great to see the original fzero on the bonus disc too.
For half nude, barely clad, martial artist women  playing volleyball , there is no power greater then X

Offline coolio39

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 01:09:06 PM »
any other games that could be packaged with a bonus disc of its predecessors????  Lucas Arts had a smart idea of taking rogue leader and making it co-op in the rogue squadron

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: bonus discs
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 01:38:48 PM »
yes it would be an idea that would help push sales, but  what would be the cost of upgrading or including these with the new work?
if it would make more  for the company then i see no reason the would not do this in the future.

guess time will tell.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 01:52:31 PM »
no no no no dont just pump out bonus discs for everything, only for things that were set to release (master quest, fzero stuff for the 64DD) but wern't. if everything gets a bonus disc the novelty will wear off and/or people will DEMAND that a bonus disc is included with every game. remember you dont want too much of a good thing

Offline fes

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 01:57:12 PM »
Mario artist is one thing they need to release on a bonus disc - or maybe just on it's own. It was looking great but the fricking DD flopped so we never got to play even a Japanease version. It could be packaged with the next Mario game - or maybe Mario Party 5 - it;d be a nice addition.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 02:19:55 PM »
F-Zero expansion and Star Fox 2 (on SNES - cancelled) are two good examples I can think of..

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 03:29:01 PM »
Well, Starfox 2 doesn't need to be on a seperate disc, they could just put that as an unlockable or option on the regular game disc.

They really need to do something about that game, though. It was reportedly 95% complete at CES. Two ROMs of close-to-complete versions (need some bug fixes, especially having to do with Star Wolf's team) have floated around the net. It's a quality game, too, it just got cancelled for politics, since it was so late in the SNES's life cycle and Nintendo wanted to only promote the upcoming N64 version.

Offline coolio39

• View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2003, 04:21:41 PM »
It would be cool to see a compilation of all the nes and snes and gb mario games as its own game. sort of like namco museum. and you could package that with the gc console.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
bonus discs
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2003, 09:46:12 PM »
nah that wont happen, not any time soon because it would affect sales of the Mario Advance games