Author Topic: FEATURES: NWR E3 2010 Awards  (Read 10658 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: FEATURES: NWR E3 2010 Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
I could talk about it here, but it'd be going off topic. I could PM you, if you're curious enough to find out.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
I thought Mario Sports (just the hoops, actually) was best  :cool;
I know you're probably joking, but Mario Sports Mix is my most anticipated title shown at E3.

Actually I'm serious. NBA Jam with Mario Kart items!! And super moves!!

DKC might have been my pick if not for the completely unnecessary wagglin

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 05:14:06 PM »
I really liked seeing Kirby being picked as Wii game of show.  Even though it probably won't be a difficult or epic title, the way they took a unique art style and just ran with it brings out a sense of child-like amazement every time I watch the trailer.  Simple things like rearranging level structure through zippers or pulling buttons make my jaw drop.  Also, the fact that it's being handled by the team that created Wario Land: Shake It! gives me a lot of confidence because that game was beautiful and had wonderful level design (even if beating the game was easy to do without getting all the secrets, hidden treasures, and achievements).

Zelda looked great, just like Epic Mickey and several other titles... but none brought the same smile to my face like Kirby did.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:21:43 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:42 AM »
Epic Mickey's demo was a bit garbage. A large bit, actually. Checkpoints had not been implemented because it was a "mostly hands-off demo." Mind you, that phrase makes no sense on its own, but bare in mind that Disney Interactive had an entire pavilion setup for JUST Epic Mickey demo stations.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
I think most of the honors that Epic Yarn got were based on the assumption that the game will get harderin the later levels. Also don't forget that E3 demos are often massively dialed down in difficulty since you don't have time to retry hard parts on the showfloor and I've seen demo footage of games where the player ran around absorbing a ton of damage while in the final game poking out of cover for more than 2 seconds was enough to kill you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
I would like to add to my earlier comment. The reason I was shocked was that GameSpot picked it, I expected them to go with a typical choice like Halo: Reach. I was happy they picked Kirby.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »
I think most of the honors that Epic Yarn got were based on the assumption that the game will get harderin the later levels.
I don't think difficulty had much bearing.  It was just such an expertly crafted piece of work, it would be enjoyable even without much difficulty.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »
That describes your typical Kirby game, I'd say. Games can be easy and still be enjoyable, and Kirby is a great example of that.