Author Topic: Ubisoft Developing Shaun White Skateboarding Game  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Ubisoft Developing Shaun White Skateboarding Game
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:39 AM »

I see water, I see board. Water boarding.

Also, Hand Egg.

Looks more like Elbow Egg to me. He holds the egg in the corner of his elbow.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 09:47:42 AM »
Is Shyguy trying to call surfing "waterboarding"?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »
I'm just Saying Ubisoft needs to make a game called "Shaun White Waterboarding"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
I'm starting to think TJ Spyke is a spambot with extremely sophisticated AI.

He almost seems like an actual person, but when he gets tripped up on "Gameboy" vs. "Game Boy" (and "water-boarding" vs. "wake boarding") or refusing to recognize Sony's motion controller as "Arc" you can see the programming start to fall apart.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
Haha, very funny vudu.  ::)
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »
Rumour has it "football" was originally a term for games "played on foot".  Some people liked to played a kicking variation while others liked a carrying variation.  Both soccer and rugby were called "football".

Makes you wonder what sort of world people lived in where games played on foot were enough of a minority to require a specific term.  What sports aren't played on foot?  Polo, auto racing, ice hockey, wheelchair sports.  That's all I can think of.  Isn't cricket played "on foot"?  Didn't it already exist when football was invented?

Though the best argument to make is simple.  American football gets to be "football" because America runs the world and Europe doesn't.  I'm not even an American but I know that's how it works.  So kick/dive-ball is "soccer" because America says it is.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 01:40:15 AM »
Listen to this Candian. He knows what's up. Shaun White just went up there and took a bunch of their gold medals. That's why he gets to make a skateboarding game.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Back in the feudal era sports played by the high society were usually on horseback. I can't imagine that cricket is older than football, at least in their respective proto forms. Cricket is a fairly advanced game with tons of rules and tools, football just requires a ball and some posts to delimit the goal. It probably didn't have an offside rule back in the day but since it's so easy to grab a ball and say "try to kick it into this area" proto football should've been around for as long as balls are.

Though the best argument to make is simple.  American football gets to be "football" because America runs the world and Europe doesn't.

No but we leave the Americans in their belief that "football" means their sport to anybody but them (well, okay, it's also used in foreign languages where the local term for association football differs, e.g. in German association football is called "Fußball" while American rugby goes by the name "Football" and nobody watches it or knows the rules). Just as we don't give a crap about their stone age measurement units we don't give a crap about their "football".