Author Topic: IMPRESSIONS: Wii de Asobu Metroid Prime  (Read 29828 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: IMPRESSIONS: Wii de Asobu Metroid Prime
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
I also didn't like the little awards in Prime 3.  It's bad enough I have to suffer through that crap on the PS3 and 360.  I think you could switch them off at least (I think).

I actually like that and was hopping they added a similar system for the two Prime Wii-makes. Guess that's just personal preference in the eternal 'achievements vs. no achievements' debate.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
Well, I consider the Prime series the king of immersive games, and those silly awards detract from the immersion.  As long as you can disable them, it's all good.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
I liked the notifications in MP3. They were like little Achievements or Trophies. More and more Wii games are starting to do that. HotD: Overkill does it. Mega Man 9 does it. Smash Bros. does it.

What's sad is that the achievements have no practical purpose on the Wii. It'd be nice if Nintendo implimented some kind of "see what achievements your friends have."
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.