Author Topic: This film has been edited for content  (Read 2482 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
This film has been edited for content
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »
I'm sure many of you have seen a movie aired on television before, and whether you liked or not you watched simply because there was nothing else on. If you're like me, you might actually enjoying certain movies MORE on tv because of editing that... someone, somewhere thought was clever. You don't have to know the televised movie inside and out to catch these odd moments where an F-bomb gets deactivated, but sometimes it helps decipher the terrible edits.

After recently watching Wedding Crashers for the X time on broadcast tv, and finding it more humerous with the select word edits, I decided to start this thread in order to hear about any other crazy word switches the rest of you might of heard in your life time!

I'll start of course.. As mentioned above, Wedding Crashers was the inspiration for this, because every single time Vince Vaughn's character exclaimed "Jesus Christ!" it was replaced with "Cheese & Rice!" What made this funnier, and maybe I'm the only one who would of caught this, is that his character is constantly eating in this film, so having this big guy yell out "CHEESE & RICE" everytime some crazy **** goes down is hilarious to me.

Another personal favorite of mine comes from the classic movie Back To The Future. I can't exactly recall if it was the original or sequel, hell I can't even recall the scene but its one of the funniest edits I've ever heard. At one point, Michael J. Fox's character exclaims "holy ****!" in the original film, but on certain tv broadcasts its overdubbed as "holy geez!"

Now, it may not be as funny withought hearing it, but thats because this was before actors would be asked to dub lines over their original work, so often times someone else would have to dub words in and they would never sound anything like the actor. To me these are usually the best kinds of edits.

If possible, I might try to hunt down some clips of such edits, but until then I encourage everyone to share what kinda ridiculous word swaps you've heard before.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: This film has been edited for content
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »
Recently I caught the movie "Garfield" on ABC Family. In one scene a guy is doing a commercial with a cat. After he is done he gets allergies and demands medicine.

The thing is that they edited out the name of the medicine, so whenever he demanded the medicine he was muted.

He kept saying "Give me the _______! Give me the ___________!!!!". Not a biggie, but I did find it funny.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:20 AM »
Christmas Vacation was funnily edited..because its so filled with foul words
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
Clint Eastwood would never say, "What the fruit?"  That's what makes it funny.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:45:18 AM »
No animals were harmed in the creation of this film.

We sure beat the **** out of them afterwards though

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
My brother swears by this one edit, but I've never been lucky enough to catch it myself (assuming he isn't mistaken to how it happens)...

In Spaceballs, during the scene when the fake storm troopers are literally combing the desert, the leader asks the men if they've found anything yet..

The first group holding a giant never-break type comb shout "No Sir!"

The second group answers back "Not a thing sir"

And the third group, the only two black troopers you see in the movie, holding a giant afro pick, originally yell out "we aint find ****!" but according to my brother, the edit has them saying "we aint find" followed by a barking noise. I've never seen this edit, because usually catching the movie on tv they do a more extreme edit and cut out those last two soldiers all together, but if true I think this one would take the cake. Why would you add a barking noise in there!?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »
Racist pun?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:06:33 PM »
It was probably a local edit rather than a studio made one. I've seen it with the '****' just muted out.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »
Oh theres no doubt about it, I don't care if its a studio edit or not. This thread is dedicated to any funny edits, period.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
I can't remember exactly, but the funniest ones I've seen are in Rush Hour or really, any other movie with a loud black character.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
I can't remember exactly, but the funniest ones I've seen are in Rush Hour or really, any other movie with a loud black character.

HAHA i just remembered how many times they censored "mother fucker" in Me, Myself & Irene with the word "mama jama"

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
In the TV edit of Dusk Til Dawn, the name of the bar was changed to "Kitty Twister"...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64