Author Topic: North American Wii, DS Lineup Announced for Q1 2009  (Read 5955 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: North American Wii, DS Lineup Announced for Q1 2009
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
Good games are good any time of the year.  Any season is a good time to play catch up on unfinished or unacquired games. 

The whiners can't keep their asses shut because there's no headlining winter Nintendo product they can receive as free Christmas gifts.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Ian, in all seriousness, do you own a 360?  You should.  That's where the games you seem to want are nowadays.  If you want traditional stuff, it's all there.  Pick up a 360, let your Wii stay dormant, and let the anger fade away.

I've been thinking about a second console but the PS3 is more what I'm looking at.  It's just really expensive though.  The Red Ring of Death has put me off of buying an Xbox 360.  It sounds like a 100% guarantee that if you go with the X360 you WILL have to replace it.  The hell with that.  With the DQX announcement I figure I'll give the Wii a bit more time.  Let's see what happens from that.  This is pretty much their last year though.

But I shouldn't HAVE to buy a second console.  That gets suggested like it's perfectly acceptable for Nintendo to do such a sh!tty job that owning a second console is a requirement.  That's really ridiculous.  I should be able to buy one console and have it alone be suitable.  Even the Cube with all it's problems was good enough to do that.  To me "just buy an Xbox 360" is really saying "Nintendo doesn't care about core gamers".  It's confirmation of everything bad I say about Nintendo.

And the thing is Nintendo is (or maybe "was" is the better word") my favourite developer.  It isn't just "oh their console isn't delivering the goods".  If that was all that mattered to me I would have just bought a PS2 years ago and bypassed the Cube entirely.  I buy Nintendo consoles because I like Nintendo's games.  I would like decent third party support but Nintendo's first party lineups are what brings me to the dance.  With the Wii Nintendo themselves have fallen in quality.  When they started targetting non-gamers I was afraid their output would effectively be cut in half.  Same amount of games but only half of them would interest me thus leaving huge gaps in the release schedule.  I was pretty much dead on on that one.  And when they make a core game it's always a sequel.  Their creativity goes into non-games because that's what they're really interested in.  From a core game perspective Nintendo has gone cookie-cutter.

Nintendo has changed into something I don't like.  That sucks.  My favourite developer is fading away and no one can replace them.  So yeah I can, and likely someday will, buy a second console.  But it won't have Nintendo.  Nothing will have the REAL Nintendo anymore and that sucks.  That's worth being pissed off about.  My favourite game company sold out their fanbase for mainstream success.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Wii should've been your 2nd console just like Nintendo always planned.  My first console is my... laptop.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »
My first console is my wii, and second console is my DS, my 3rd is my desktop.

And this thread can suck my nutz
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.