Author Topic: Toy Story Mania! exclusively for Wii  (Read 8518 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Toy Story Mania! exclusively for Wii
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:31:41 PM »
PR
--
Disney Interactive Studios Announces Toy Story Mania!, Inspired by the Disney/Pixar Feature Film “Toy Story,” Exclusively for Wii™
Beloved “Toy Story” Characters and Theme Park Attraction Provide Backdrop for Family-Friendly Carnival-Style Video Game

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Disney Interactive Studios today announced Toy Story Mania!, inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated feature “Toy Story,” will be released exclusively for the Wii™ home video game console this fall. Toy Story Mania! showcases an array of entertaining games based on the new Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort attractions, while featuring the iconic characters and humor from the popular Disney/Pixar “Toy Story” franchise.

“The ‘Toy Story’ franchise is a fun, dynamic and heart-warming series containing characters and themes that connect with every age group,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Toy Story Mania! combines those popular elements with the unique antics of the new theme park attraction for the ultimate in family entertainment.”

In Toy Story Mania!, players experience the fast-paced, zany fun of the Toy Story Mania! theme park attraction, which is an interactive experience requiring 3D glasses and involving rapid or quick-firing shooting galleries. In addition to galleries adapted from the attraction, the game includes new and original galleries and a series of mini games, all hosted by beloved characters from the movies. The thematically-connected levels are designed for up to four players of all ages with competitive and co-operative multiplayer options. Toy Story Mania! also includes bonus 3D features, transforming the game experience with eye-popping visuals.

The Pixar-created “Toy Story” and ”Toy Story 2” have both had successful box office and DVD sales. The Disney Digital 3D™ theatrical re-release of “Toy Story” is in the works and will open in theatres on October 2, 2009, followed by the 3D re-release of “Toy Story 2” opening on February 12, 2010, leading up to the premiere of “Toy Story 3” in 3D summer 2010. Toy Story Mania! is the first video game to place characters from these films into a carnival game setting and is expected to resonate with fans of the films and the attraction, as well as gamers who like pick-up-and-play party games.

Developed by Papaya Studio, Toy Story Mania! will be available this fall exclusively for Wii.

Screen shots:

Video of the ride it is based off of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUjbI_P0k6E
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:41:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: Toy Story Mania! exclusively for Wii
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:40:32 PM »
dp

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »
Another mini-game collection, yay.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »
A video game based on a ride based on a movie? Nice cash-in
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
Wait for the toys based on the game based on the ride based on the movie.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »

Basically Pirates of the Caribbean (although those were games based on a movie based on a ride).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
Wait for the toys based on the game based on the ride based on the movie.

Their collectible!

When I first read the headline about a Toy Story game I thought of the old Genesis game from a long time ago.

Instead it is a minigame fest based on a ride that is...on rails. An on rails minigame fest...and I posted about this type of game in another thread as a joke.  :-\

Basically Pirates of the Caribbean (although those were games based on a movie based on a ride).

The movie took it in a vastly different direction than the old ride ever did.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
That Genesis Toy Story game was awesome, at least in my memory.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
Looks like somebody beat sony to the promise of "Toy Story quality" visuals. :rolleyes:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »
Looks like somebody beat sony to the promise of "Toy Story quality" visuals. :rolleyes:
I was waiting to see who long it would take for that comment to be made.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 07:28:16 PM »
That Genesis Toy Story game was awesome, at least in my memory.
The Super NES version was superior.
That's right, that console war was so epic it isn't ever going away. Super Nintendo is what Genesisn't.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »
Talk about a HUGE money saver! instead of going to the parks to play this game you buy it for 50 bucks and avoid the lines, the walks, the annoying kids etc. etc. The only thing missing would be the 3D effect and the cart that spins you around while you play, but the basics should be well represented.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
Or you can think of it as the play at home practice version, so when you do visit the park, you can dazzle everyone with your extremely high score and your uncanny ability to know where everything is gonna be before you see them on your very first time on the ride.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
Or you can think of it as the play at home practice version, so when you do visit the park, you can dazzle everyone with your extremely high score and your uncanny ability to know where everything is gonna be before you see them on your very first time on the ride.

That too. I am pretty sure that Disney will try to incorporate the two somehow.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
Just imagine the marketing push this game will see at the Disney store or at a souvenir stand right outside the exit of the ride.

"The Toy Mania Experience doesn't end here! You can take the Experience home with you Exclusively for the Nintendo Wii!!"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 04:18:06 AM »
Don't they already have Wii rooms at Disneyland?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »
I wouldn't know. Haven't been there since I was 16 yrs old and that was back in '96