Author Topic: South Park: The Game  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
South Park: The Game
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/southpark.aspx

So there's a new South Park game coming out, and though we all loved "Chef's Love Shack" back in the dizzayy this one is suppose to be THE GAME (hence the title). It's being developed by Obsidian (Fall-out) and published by THQ.

It's an RPG who's combat takes a few hints from Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG (i.e. Timing is everything). It's in the same style as South Park and is suppose to look so like the show that if someone walked in on you playing it, they would think you were watching an episode.

The game is suppose to be huge with all kind of summon spells and **** that you can collect. For example, you can summon the Christmas Critters to rape a bunch of Goth kids who are in your way. Also there's 4 classes with a 5th named "Jew".

The story of the game is really simple but allows for all sorts of craziness. Your a new kid at South Park trying to gain friends and popularity (similar to if you were a real life kid in a new city) and eventually want to stand by the crew at the bus stop. The imagination of the kids takes over and becomes a game. So when Cartman sends you on a quest to fight an evil dragon, he's most likely sending you to City Wok to get some Kung Pao chicken.

The game sounds awesome. As a South Park fan, any chance I get to explore more of Trey and Matt's humor is fine with me. They are writing the script and are there every step of the way. This is going to be a hilarious game.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: South Park: The Game
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
the southpark n64 shooter game was pretty fun, but that was way before the series had as much development. This sounds cool, but it sounds less cool then what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be south park with fallout clothing, but it sounds like paper mario, though i love paper mario. Idk, id rather see a rockstar made southpark.

For some reason I have the urge to play a high school shooting game.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »
But, South Park is Paper animated style cartoon. 

I much prefer them stick with the original concept of the show.  Actually the entire premise of this game sounds really cool.  An RPG where you go into the imagination of kids as they play is brilliant.  Literally anything can happen.  Mix that with some offensive and cutting humor...through a mix of real world into it so that you an see what trouble the kids are really creating and you have an awesome game and story.

Also Paper Mario is one of the best RPG combat systems for sheer fun.  This will help the game all the more.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
This game might have interested me 5 years ago.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
cus your so much more evolved now that your over it?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
Yeah pretty much. I haven't enjoyed a new episode of South Park in a long time, I can't see this game changing that. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
South Park has gotten so much better as it's gone along, though. It's gone from being a crudely animated and crudely written comedy, to a fairly compelling satire. The last season or two has been a little hit or miss, but anything that goes on for that long will eventually start to wind down.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
"You're getting old" was a fantastic episode.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
To me, South Park was at it's best from Season 3-8.  Season 9-11 was were quality started to go downhill but there was still a lot of great episodes.  Season 12-15 have been mostly crap though and you can tell Matt and Trey don't really care anymore. 

They even admit it at the end of "Your getting old", which is one of the reasons it was one of the few good episodes in recent years because you can tell they put effort into it since it dealt with something close to them.  Unlike most other recent episodes were you can tell they've run out of ideas and are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 05:36:22 PM »
Seasons 12-15 have been some of the best. Last season was hit and miss because they were busy with The Book of Mormon. the 3 part Coon arc was funnier than anything in the early seasons.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
You can tell Matt and Trey don't really care anymore.

I don't disagree there. They've bee pursuing other interests, such as their Broadway show. After years and years of South Park, it's understandable that they may feel constrained and/or rundown with the setting and characters. As you stated, they pretty much came out and said it in the "You're Getting Old" episode. That actually would have been a hilarious note to end the series on.

Even at its worse, South Park is still one of the best comedy shows on television. Certainly in contrast to the other animated dribble that you find on Adult Swim. I don't see why a game wouldn't work. The material is there to fit a Paper Mario style action RPG perfectly. I keep thinking back to how easily the show can transition between styles, like the anime episode, or the World of Warcraft one.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 03:39:56 AM »
To me, South Park was at it's best from Season 3-8.  Season 9-11 was were quality started to go downhill but there was still a lot of great episodes.

Season 9 had two of my favorite episodes! "The Losing Edge" where Randy is the funniest he's ever been (I thought this was America!) and "Ginger Kids" (In the mean time, shut your God damn Daywalker mouth!).

What excites me the most about this game is the fact that it is headed by Trey and Matt. Unlike the other games, this has their full attention. They are writing the script, they are in charge of directing the game, and they have last say on everything. So in terms of things they've worked on that doesn't include South Park the show, this goes up right next to Team America and Book of Mormon.
black fairy tales are better at sports