Author Topic: I miss the good old days of gaming...  (Read 7735 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Re: I miss the good old days of gaming...
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
Always optimistic and never happy?  We must be Nintendo fans.

Sig'd
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 07:53:56 PM »
I don't get it. It's very easy not to be cynical. All you have to be is naive.

For an adult being cynical is in many ways necessary to survive.  You have responsibilities that kids don't have.  If you're naive when voting or investing money or running a business or making a major purchase like a house or commiting yourself to a romantic relationship you can get totally screwed.  It's sad but naive people get f*cked by con men so it's hard to just turn off cynicism like a light switch.  I think it's just an unfortunate part of being an adult.  Naivety and innocence disappear as you're thrust in a situation where you're responsible for your own survival and that of your own children.

I like it when I'm involved in something new and am naive about it.  But I can't consciously force myself to be.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
But this is FRIGGIN VIDEOGAMES... I mean, videogames don't dictate whether or children eat or not do they? ... unless of course, you're making or selling them...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 12:48:50 AM »
One of the things I honestly miss about the good ol' days is that I never had to consider whether or not a game would offend me before I bought it. 
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
There's no question that the internet era has changed the dynamics a bit, but I recall even in the early 90s you could have access to gaming magazines and these would do pretty much the same thing as the gaming sites do now. Granted, you didn't have forums to discuss everything on, but with the magazines you could still get all the news and info you would need.
is your sanity...

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »
Major changes were happening as early as the beginning of the SNES/Genesis era especially with magazines like EGM and Gamefan stupidly beating the drums of the console war into existence.  All the internet did was let the players beat those same drums now with the added benefit of anonymity and being able to damn near say whatever the hell you want to.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
AWW HELL NAW
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.