Author Topic: Stage Builder  (Read 28975 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Stage Builder
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
Someone should set up some place to upload the maps we all make to make sharing them easier.

This sounds like a job for www.nintendoworldwiiport.com!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
ok I made my first stage last night and sent it to the 5 of you who've added me so far. I didnt really unlock any stage builder parts so deal with the basic design of it.

for those that've seen it, i'm sure where you can tell where th inspiration came from and for those that havent, its a zelda themed level i dubbed "The Sacred Realm." If you recieved it, rate it and tell me what you think - i'd love to hear feedback. For those that havent received it and will be adding me to their friend roster i'll try to explain the level design.

its a Large level with a triforce (made using Floor peices) sits at the top. The top triangle has a solid floor while the other peices of the triforce have moving floors (for their bottoms obviously). I decided to go with the moving platforms to add a little more excitement to the design, i wanted to make it an obstacle if you were going for an item because below the triforce its a bit of a long drop...

So underneath the triforce i have two more moving platforms, elevators this time, and i tried to have them offset eachother so one goes up while the other goes down. Even at its highest, you'll need a double jump to reach the triforce above, again i made this so there is risk in moving from place to place (especially if you're hunting an item).

down at the very bottom i have a set up that looks like this:  /I I I I\
let me explain. i used the slop terrain on both sides with a solid floor block in the center. so its a slope/gap/flat/gap/slop. On that flat floor in the center, i have a decorative peice that looks like stone ruins but i'm thinking of changing it to spikes.. I'm not sure though, the stone ruins is more aesthetic.. it adds to the visual that you're fighting on a summit trying to reach the triforce above you. I do think the spikes would add more of a danger element though.. i'm still undecided.

thats not all to the stage, the sides have a single falling block with a ladder above, then another falling black parallel with the top of the ladder. this is mirrored on the other side.  then theres a small floor somewhere between the ladder/falling block combo and the rising elevator to the triforce; again, this is mirrored on each side. I didnt want them there originally but the stage would of been to bare without a few more solid fighting platforms.

Now a question for the stage of the day: is there a way to submit a stage for "stage of the day" like how it works with the Everybody votes channel?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »
I only played on your stage one time so far, but it seems pretty decent.  I was just playing with CPU characters, of course.  Fighting seems to concentrate on the Triforce part of the stage, giving it a king of the hill feel.  The moving floors do make it more dynamic, but they take away from the appearance of the Triforce, I think.  I don't really remember much else about it, but that's probably just because I'm taking something that makes me very drowsy.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
Nice feedback, and thanks. My original layout had normal floors for the triforce but i really wanted it to be chaotic up there. I've tested it out vs. 3cpu players on high but its still not the same as playing against human characters that will want to go for the items that will fall up there. And it is a king of the hill type level, not only because alot of the items will fall from the sky onto the triforce but its like in the zelda series itself, where everyone strives to reach the triforce itself! i didnt just build a stage just because, there's something deep going on there ;-)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
One question, do you need to add a friend to your Wii's friend list in order to send stages and pics, or does the game's friend code cover both online gameplay and trading of pics and stages?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2008, 02:46:09 AM »
Made some new levals.  I really like these two.

Tower for dueling.  Just the right size to maintain a relentless pace without being too claustrophobic.  I personally like the Mute City music for this one.

This is the left half of the temple stage from Melee.  I always liked that stage, but thought it was unnecessarily large.  The random blocks on the bottom are to give it a ruins type of feel. :b
GOREGASM!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »
One question, do you need to add a friend to your Wii's friend list in order to send stages and pics, or does the game's friend code cover both online gameplay and trading of pics and stages?
You need to add both codes for stages, snapshots etc.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline JRNN

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »
Hey all
I made this one, its one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8LbL-KI04
Wii code: 1340 9783 6020 9299
Brawl code: 3007 8097 2212 Game Name ~Ryan~
Mario Kart Wii:4768-8117-9896 Game Name ~Ryan~
Conduit:0173-9250-8313 Game Name ~Ryan~
Pst me if you add me please.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »
Stage builder is fun. I've made a ton of them already.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:27:03 PM by LuigiHann »

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
Oohhh... really like the pinball-ish one LuigiHann... going to have to steal that ;-)
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
wow that Pinball one is ass kickin'.  Good work!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline JRNN

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »
Wow nice pinball stage!
I made these the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaK7J4zbBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk4RIbEAB34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66y4hRCHKw

If you want me to send it please write down youre wii code  ;)

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
I might eventually post all my stages in one big zip file or something. I'm too lazy to try to figure out which is which.  Couple more:

Bubble Bobble

Adventure

Tetris. I tried to make this one different from any of the other Tetris stages I've seen.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 09:44:27 PM by LuigiHann »

Offline JRNN

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:03 PM »
Hmmm my tetris sucks haha  :rolleyes:

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:46 PM »
Wow your pretty creative!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »
Are those "gimmick" stages much fun to play in?  They look like they'd get boring pretty quickly because they'd be hard to fight in, and not in the good way (like Poke Floats).  I've tried the Maze sample level and hated it.  Maybe it's just personal preference.

I made (read:  copied) all six stages that were shown off in the Nintendo Power guide a couple issues back.  Those seem to be a lot of fun, because they're varied, but not so crazy that it impedes fighting.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
This one I made is actually quite fun to play in. So EXCITING it wouldn't fit in one pic

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2008, 05:58:29 AM »
How do you get the pics into .jpegs?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2008, 07:01:53 AM »
Download this - http://www.mediafire.com/?glz2jdgz2l5

Then copy the Brawl .bin images to that folder and run the program

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
Posting my two favourite stages. Both are fairly big so the picture don't really showcase them too well

First up is Gravy (name generated at random). Was sort of trying to go for a elevator theme.

Second up is Zebra. A larger stage with no real specific fighting arena.

Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).