Author Topic: Whoa--How did I miss this?? (Crash Bandicoot is Nintendo Exclusive)  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Well, there's one thing you can say for this game... it's got class. The trailer does a good job of making me thing that this should be an animated movie with all the decent voice acting, funny side characters, and general accessible not-taking-itself-seriously vibing,
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Lol yeah I agree the trailer really does a good job showcasing the sillyness of the characters.

I've never really got into the Crash games and the only thing I really remember from them was the following classic commercial:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

Which was really dumb from any Nintendo fan's point of view because Mario 64 was just about to be released. Still I will always remember that commercial.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I actually have good memories of Crash Bandicoot ... I think it was 2 that I had? Anyways, it was obviously not Mario 64, but it was a pretty decent action game. Of course, the developers of the franchise now are COMPLETELY different than back in those days (Naughty Dog can now be found on the PS3 with their upcoming game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), but that makes this game even more intrigueing since these new developers may not turn out a soulless, multiplatform, lowest-common-denominator cash-in like so many expect them to.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
Yeah I remember Crash changing hands a number of times (Developer wise). I really never got into Crash because I was dead set against buying any console that Sony made for a very long time. (I was not a happy fanboy when Sony dethroned Nintendo lol).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
The only reason I had a PS was because I got it for XMas '06, I swear.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Never cared much for the CB series, it wasn't a bad series just one I never got into. At the time I think I was spoiled by SM64.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
Yeah...I remember how hyped I was for SM64. I had bought every magazine possible that had M64 in it, I would think about it all the time, it was one of the few games that lived up to the months and months of hype that built up in me for the game.

Fun fact: my first non Nintendo system was a Dreamcast =D

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Mashiro
Yeah...I remember how hyped I was for SM64. I had bought every magazine possible that had M64 in it, I would think about it all the time, it was one of the few games that lived up to the months and months of hype that built up in me for the game.

Fun fact: my first non Nintendo system was a Dreamcast =D

Fun fact....it was mine too! (Well I got the master system for free, but Dreamcast was the first non-Nintendo system I bought).

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
=D Nice!

I'll never forget how it came up. A trailer for Sonic Adventures was playing at a mall shop called "Planet Comics" and my dad looked at it and went "Wow, that looks awesome". I explained that it was the new Sega system Dreamcast and stuff and he's like "Thats pretty cool, you should get it!" and at the time I didn't have much cash on me so he put down the money for me and I just payed him back when the system actually came out.

It was weird because I never saw my dad get excited over a video game system before lol.

DC remains one of my favorite consoles of all time and I still have like...20 or so games for the system. Gotta love DC!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Mashiro
=D Nice!

I'll never forget how it came up. A trailer for Sonic Adventures was playing at a mall shop called "Planet Comics" and my dad looked at it and went "Wow, that looks awesome". I explained that it was the new Sega system Dreamcast and stuff and he's like "Thats pretty cool, you should get it!" and at the time I didn't have much cash on me so he put down the money for me and I just payed him back when the system actually came out.

It was weird because I never saw my dad get excited over a video game system before lol.

DC remains one of my favorite consoles of all time and I still have like...20 or so games for the system. Gotta love DC!

Sonic Adventure had alot of magic as well when I played it, still to this day, it is one of my favorite games. Dreamcast is easily one of my favorite systems as well, I think it was Sega's best generation. There were so many amazing titles for the system, and it is really heartbreaking that it would be Sega's last. Not to mention it after Dreamcast Sega went downhill fast.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
Yeah...I LOVED Sonic Adventure. Call me corny but I actually really liked the whole Chaos story and when Sonic went Super Sonic against Chaos in the final battle? Pure awesomeness. "Open your heart!!!" gotta love the music too haha again call me corny but I loved it.

Dreamcast had a vibe of just being a pure gamer machine. Even DC Magazine was a really unique publication and was the only magazine other than Nintendo Power (which I had until the end of the SNES era) to which I subscribed to.

I too was heartbroken when it died, so any great games for a short system life. It truly was Segas greatest system.  

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Crash Bandicoot? Been there, done that. Someone please take that poor guy out back and put him down, his time here is done.
Check out PixlBit!