Author Topic: 5 new games to be announced!  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
5 new games to be announced!
« on: July 31, 2006, 09:35:08 AM »
Though GoNintendo is unsure whether these will be first party, third party, or a mixture of both, they are sure that at least 5 new games will be announced at Leipzig.

The official magazine Nintendo of France has announced that Nintendo is planned to show off 5 brand new Wii titles at the event. It is unknown if these titles are direct from Nintendo, or are 3rd party offerings. Based on the story so far, these will most likely end up being Nintendo first party titles. Unfortunately, there is no information on anything else regarding these new titles.

Hopefully this is where the big guns come out (though they weren't missing at E3). I'm talking about Capcom and Namco. Where are their games?

Kid Icarus or even NiGHTS maybe?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: 5 new games to be announced!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr, and Super Pac-Man,  all for the VC.  Pac-Man Fever 2 for the Wii

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:5 new games to be announced!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:20:24 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr, and Super Pac-Man,  all for the VC.  Pac-Man Fever 2 for the Wii

You forgot Prince of Persia XIV: Duel of Eternity and Yu-Gi Oh: Never Ending Cycle.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 10:34:12 AM »
You know this is going to be bs titles that just haven't been seen before.  So we'll get like...Avatar or some sh*t.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »
It will be an action title with a card baseds system.  Therefore kiling one of the earlier launch titles.  There must be balance in the universe.  No good Deed goes unpunished.  Though I doubt any of these will be launch.  KDR will just have to tell us how they are.  He said he was planning on going again.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:40:04 AM »
No way...

You guys are thinking to small (and albeit unrealistically). I'm sure there are going to be a couple of titles that aren't really that cool, but what about those titles that we KNOW are in developement, yet have not been announced?

Titles like the Camelot RPG, WaveRace, Capcom's Resi project, Namco's RPG, that one boxing game....

Where are all those?
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 02:48:16 PM »
Miyamoto's game, please!  Oh and Camelot's game too, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing it for a while to come...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 03:07:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Requiem

Hopefully this is where the big guns come out (though they weren't missing at E3). I'm talking about Capcom and Namco. Where are their games?

On PS3 and 360 looooooo... oooo.. ool. Come on Mario Party 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »
Wet Dream: Mario Paint

Dry Dream: A game we already know exists, but despite excitement don't know much about, i.e. Fire Emblem, Gundam, Resident Evil Wii, etc.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 04:05:32 PM »
Maybe a first party RPG that isn't Paper Mario? I'd love to see Nintendo do something Final Fantasy-esque, or Tales of Symphonia-like. Maybe even more mature (Nintendo's version of mature not Rockstars) with spellcasters and demons.

:: Drool ::

Guess I should keep dreaming.

If out of these 5 games one of them is something I'd like to play, then it's a timely announcement, if they're all from movie licenses, oh well, there is a market for them.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »
Inspired by Kairon's night problem:
Capcom Announces:  Little Nemo: The Dream Master for the Wii.  Buy the new game and get the original NES game on the VC.

Inspired by Requiem:
Camelot announces Golden Sun: The Complete Tale "This remake of the original Gameboy Advance classic lets you take the role of Isaac once again but this time you can complete the whole game with no need to buy the a second game.  Plus it has been graphically remade to really push the limits of the Wii hardware." "Mommy, why do those fake characters look real?"

Inspired by MaryJane:
"It is dark and the world has known no saving soul.  The light has gone the world is in shackles of the unbeknownest.  Well, at least it will be."  Young Rogers lives in a small town.  Never adventuring never wondering.  As boring as can be.  Until something magical happens.  Come, join Roger in his epic quest to save the lands of Cornell.  Make new freinds.  Discover new Areas.  With are advance battle and party system feel like your in the game.  With a rich environments and a variety of different species and unlikely weapons you too Can stop the Evil before it is all to late...  Cornell: The Cost of Darkness

Inspired to repost by Bill:
Miyamot's New IP:

Originally by: CericMe
I am pleased to announce my new IP Banjo Master: Tales of the South
Set in the United States Southeast, home of the Banjo, you will explore a vast land with a variety of rich people and culture.
This game will test your reasoning abilities and Banjo prowess while allowing you to explore the rich lore and history that comes from this young country.
As promised this game may be as mature or family friendly as you would like to play it.

Inspired by Arbok:
Prince of Persia Vs. Yu-gi-Oh: The Soul of Eternity Challenge  We are excited by this new game we think that the blending of card style play and clever/annoying platforming, traps, and puzzles that the Princ of Persia series has always been known for will really be a winning combination.  Not only can the Prince stretch his acrobatic skills but with the new card system he can change his terrain, summon ally monsters, cast magic, and even put traps of his own.  As for Yugi... well you've never seen him quiet like this before and we'll leave it at that.  As you can see each franchise has something to bring to the table.

There you go.  I have foreseen the future and these are it.  Revel in your 5 new Wii games.    
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Inspired by Kairon's night problem:
Capcom Announces:  Little Nemo: The Dream Master for the Wii.  Buy the new game and get the original NES game on the VC.

... I have that on VHS...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »
I remember Little Nemo, I loved that game.

One obvious title is Heroes.  It hasn't technically been revealed yet but we still know there is something to show.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 07:30:38 PM »
WiFi titles.

Battalian Wars Wii
New Multiplayer IP
Online FPS
Other Game
Another One

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 08:06:48 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Nintendo really know what they are doing...

They have been very competent so far, and yet we have a finale only a month away. I mean, what if Nintendo has been hiding a killer-app? Not all 5, just one. Just one game that will have us even more excited about launch. It doesn't even have to be made by Nintendo.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Requiem They have been very competent so far, and yet we have a finale only a month away. I mean, what if Nintendo has been hiding a killer-app? Not all 5, just one. Just one game that will have us even more excited about launch. It doesn't even have to be made by Nintendo.

Sounds like a great way to set yourself up for disappointment, no offense.

I've just learned from experience that the "expect nothing" mantra is best in most situations, including this one.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

It is, it is....

But either way, I wasn't expecting anymore Nintendo games to be announced period. So if even one makes me want the Wii more, I'm happy.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 08:15:11 PM »
Mario Party is BOUND to be one of the games...As for a potential killer app, Ninty did it last generation with Resident Evil so you never know...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:56 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Requiem They have been very competent so far, and yet we have a finale only a month away. I mean, what if Nintendo has been hiding a killer-app? Not all 5, just one. Just one game that will have us even more excited about launch. It doesn't even have to be made by Nintendo.

I've just learned from experience that the "expect nothing" mantra is best in most situations, including this one.

That's boring. Being excited for weeks easily outweighs being disappointed for 1 second.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
WiFi titles.

Battalian Wars Wii
New Multiplayer IP
Online FPS
Other Game
Another One

I really hope there is another Battalian Wars, I loved that game for GC and I think it has much potential utilizing the Wiimote.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »
It's not as unlikely as you think...
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »
Did someone say MEGAtON?
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »

Another One
Trace Memory Wii! Brilliant!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 05:26:51 AM »
Mario Party 8
Mario Golf: No Camelot RPG For You!
Mario Hoops Wii-on-Wii
Brain Training Mario Edition
Need For Speed: Hay Guys Mario's one of the Drivers!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX