Author Topic: My current favourite game  (Read 1462 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
My current favourite game
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:39:33 AM »
TA Spring

It's a new engine for Total Annihilation. Has some cool new features over TA, is fully 3d (which allows for terrain deformation and firstperson control for units) and has proper mod support! Probably the best thing to do while waiting for Supreme Commander. AA is available for it. Singleplayer is as well though you may need to download the NTAI for that.

<promotion type="shameless" target="self">I'm making a small mod for it with an early version available here (link on the top, sorry, can't link directly to files on Tripod). The NTAI plays it decently but it's still hardly a challenge. I apologize for the "cannot find corpse" console spam, it's still very incomplete.

</promotion>  

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE: My current favourite game
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 12:34:48 AM »
I am waiting for supreme commander before I invest in a PC. Oh that and a real job that pulls in mad money.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:30 AM »
Just downloaded this now, thanks for the heads up. Due to exams I don't have time to play much but it looks fantastic. I'll make sure to try out your mod KDR. Do you recommend downloading AA?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 02:33:59 AM »
I like AA (that's Absolute Annihilation for those who aren't familiar with TA mods), of course I'll recommend it.

I think AA now implements some TA Spring specific material like shield systems. Haven't played the later versions in depth yet, was too busy with Nanoblobs, World Domination and my own mod.