Author Topic: DS Download Station: Update soon?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Edfishy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
DS Download Station: Update soon?
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:51:25 PM »
Any word on whether or not we'll be seeing new demos/videos from the DS Download stations any time soon?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE: DS Download Station: Update soon?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:05:29 AM »
It would be cool if Nintendo offered a firmware upgrade at the download stations so you could control the brightness of the original DS. I know there are some hacks to do it, but I'm not going to bother messign around with my DS to do it.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Download Station: Update soon?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 03:44:30 AM »
I know what you mean Mr. Jack. I want to get a DS, but I don't want to get the tiny one. I want the one that fits in my mitts, but I would like more lighting options other than on and off!

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Download Station: Update soon?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:04 AM »
A firmware upgrade like that would only work on v.5 firmware and up of the original DS, the others don't have the power management setup for it.  And even if it did, the battery life has been known to be far lower than normal, the brightness will only go up to 3 since brightness 1 turns off the backlight, and the color saturation will still be no better than the original GBA/GBASP mk1.   I'd say the only issue I'm having is playing Metroid Prime Hunters with it, if you've played it with the pinky underneath the system all this time the stylus and form factor make it feel completely different.