Author Topic: GCN Zelda not going to be sold at retail in the United States ?  (Read 13000 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: GCN Zelda not going to be sold at retail in the United States ?
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 06:07:06 AM »
That's a good point, I forgot about Sonic 3D Blast. Of course Sega's real problem in the Saturn was not that Sonic 3D Blast was also available for the Genesis, the real problem was that in the whole rest of the Saturn's lifespan they didn't release another "real" Sonic game. Oh sure, they did silly things like Sonic R... but that's not the same thing.

That's the one conceivable concern that I can see for Zelda going dual platform. If Nintendo has no intention of releasing another real Zelda game this generation (which would mean no more Zeldas for 4-5 years? Hard to imagine), then having the only real Zelda game available on the last gen system would make the Wii look bad. On the other hand, cancelling the GC version, having a launch Zelda game and not coming out with another one the rest of the generation doesn't exactly look good either.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:GCN Zelda not going to be sold at retail in the United States ?
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale

Originally posted by: mantidor
Also the change of platforms here is completly different, we are talking about a whole new control method with the new console, in the past slipping into the next generation only made the graphics the biggest difference, the control method was practically identical. A better analogy is a game that went from the SNES to the N64, but I dont think there are many examples of that, and if it happened Im sure the game had to be rehauled completly.

(I apologize for multip posting, as I'm going through the thread)

So why does new control method automatically mean worse?  You haven't played it.  You obviously only agree with people who have played it if their opinion is the same as your baseless one.  This is why they should cancel the Cube version.  Because people like you won't even try the Wii version and there is no reason for that mindset.

what? cancelling it wont make me go for the wii version, I just don't like what Ive seen from the controls, is that so terribly hard to understand? why cant you just accept that what you might find great I find it just lame? I dont criticise your tastes, Ive never said you are wrong for liking the remote controls. Also, I don't exactly swim in money, here $50 is a considerable ammount, as well as the $250 price entry for the console which includes wiisports, another game I find lame. This whole package for me simply is not worth it. Now if you are so fixed on making all of us "infidels" "bad fans of the company"  like the wii version to the point you wish the version we want gets cancelled (and theres certainly  no reason whatsover for that mindset except I guess a grudge you have with us because we don't share your opinion), feel free to send me a wii and a copy of the game because you can be perfectly confident that I'll try it, but Im not going to expend $300 of my own to see if I might like it, specially because chances are I won't.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »
Here's an apt comparison:

LoZ: TP for the Wii vs. LoZ: TP for the GC = The Y2K sham.

All this fretting and preparing for the worst will ultimately be looked back upon and laughed at once we actually get to the play the game. The Wii version will be a great game. The GameCube version will be a great game. WE ALL WIN.  

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »
I dont know if its been mentioned yet, and i dont feel like reading thios many posts to find it, but GC TP will be available everywhere. According to this anyway.  I assume this will please everyone.

Offline archioverload

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 01:31:11 PM »
(Nothing to do with Zelda) Just as an analogy with the "life" of the GameCube--think of how long the GBA has lasted. It had a monster Christmas last year even with few if any significant games coming out for it. The Cube isn't nearly as successful as the GBA of course, but I think it's going to do reasonably well this Christmas.  
"Dazzle people with smoke and mirrors, and swoop down like an eagle to clutch their hearts in your claws." --Travis, Killer 7

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »
Indeed, the Gamecube is still the cheapest console on the market, has a bunch of kid-friendly titles as well as some really nice exclusives sitting in bargain bins. While most people who identify themselves as video game players are looking to move on to the newer systems, these older systems are a spectacular value for the casual gamer or the parent on a tight budget. Oh yeah, and it's getting the hottest release of the holiday season.

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come up with some sort of price drop on the system to clear out its excess inventory.  

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2006, 04:12:19 PM »
Final Fantasy 7.  Started out N64 (more powerful system) shifted to ps1 (more popular system)

PS System Seller. N64 Death Nail.

Thats 1 MILESTONE example of this very thing happening before.

I for one am going to get both versions, Wii for me GC for my sister (imma give her the GC when I get the Wii) and I am gonna play both versions.

But seriously as a major graphics whore (yes I DO CARE about good graphics and YOU all did also when yus aid GC was superior Gfx to PS2 dont deny it) I do want to play the best versios tehre is of this game.

Lets see what else is ther, ok heres anther one, Sega promised its fans for YEARS that they werte gonna make a 3-D Sonic Game for Saturn called Sonic X-tremeand showed off footage For YEARS. Then it got canned (moved to DC) and forgotten abotu (tillit went to GC where it became a hit)

Lest see what else is there to reply to, oh yeah Nintendo LIED, no way. Dont believe it try THIS on for size SNES was supposed to get a Cd upgrade called PLAY STATION made by (You guessed it) Sony!

Well we knwo how well THAT turned out don't we.

Ok still not convinced lets see. Hmm another real life example. Sega (bear with me there is a point)

Made one bad descion  after another (released 32X to Genesis fans only to repalce that with Saturn six months later) promised Sonic X-treme for Saturn then moved it to DC, promised to support Dc no matter what, killed it off a month latter.

Sega fans got so pissed they swicthed over to Xbox and Ps2 fans, very very few of us went with Nintendo dont beleive me goto www.sega.com and read thier boards)
LEst see whats my point then.

Companies LIE and FANS get pissed Company LOSES fans.

Nintendo could very well be making games for Ps3 in three years if they screw up too much.

So if they DO cancel GC version of TP (which i dont think will happen but still could) then they WILL lose fans and sales.

BUT this isnt the first time something THIS dramatic has happened cuz they lied to us. So wait and see what happnes and chose your reaction base don thier action.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

Ok still not convinced lets see. Hmm another real life example. Sega (bear with me there is a point)

Made one bad descion after another (released 32X to Genesis fans only to repalce that with Saturn six months later) promised Sonic X-treme for Saturn then moved it to DC, promised to support Dc no matter what, killed it off a month latter.

Sega fans got so pissed they swicthed over to Xbox and Ps2 fans, very very few of us went with Nintendo dont beleive me goto www.sega.com and read thier boards)
LEst see whats my point then.

Companies LIE and FANS get pissed Company LOSES fans.

Nintendo could very well be making games for Ps3 in three years if they screw up too much.
Oh damn. That's classic.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »
Nah, none of those situations are comparable, the GC version isn't getting cancelled anyway so it doesn't matter.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 03:08:54 PM »
Well My major point was the FF7 and Sonic X-treme deal. IF Ff7 hadf been N64 things WOULD have been differently. AS for sonic X-treme, thats debatable as Saturn had MANY more flaws and screw ups than there is room in a Discussion forum to list.

I um didn't mean to soudn liek I think NIntendo will fail cuz I sure as hell know better than that, I am totaly convinced Ps3 will though. But I wanted to point out that things this collassal (spelling is problaly wrong sue me) has happened before many times.

Still I am glad theyd idnt cancel TP for GC cuz I am getting it myself.

But hey wait a second, someone earlier said Super Paper Mario was cancelled, when the hell did that happne, leaving this thread to pursue news regaridng that game peace out all.  

EDIT: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=GQS69OMrMZsIV23x14GSc7nrT0hW1XJt&

Says it is still um announced. But doesnt say canceled or confirmed. any other news?
You can call me

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2006, 12:00:04 PM »
IGN stated that Super Paper Mario would be moved over to the Wii, and Nintendo put it on a list of upcoming Wii titles. They didn't remove the Gamecube version from their website however, and though this is probably just an oversight I guess that means we can't totally rule out it being for both like TP... but is Nintendo going to want to release a Gamecube title in 2007?

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2006, 02:44:29 PM »
Well I was really looking forward to that game so I dont cre what system its on as long as its still coming.

As for Nintendo still making GC games, why not if they work on Wii and people still have GC? Seriously Its not like N64 where backwards compatiblity was a non issue. It helped Ps1/2 a lot so it could help GC.  
You can call me

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2006, 05:46:44 AM »
Amazon seems to not be selling this anymore, also. Unless that's a screw-up due to the release of the Wii version, it looks like they maxed out their allocation of GameCube SKUs and have cut off pre-orders. This looks a little grim. Hopefully some less popular channels will have copies stocked.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »
I think they're seriously underestimating the demand for the Gamecube version... that little box can still move some software, on those rare occasions when it actually gets something.

Offline willie1234

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »
unless this is a really bad version I'll be picking it up, as I have to wait until next year for the wii.

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 07:06:23 AM »
My sister got me Wii T but wont giv eit to me till christmas so Imigth get GC TP to hold me over till she gets back here for christmas.  
You can call me