Author Topic: Why I love PGC.  (Read 2536 times)

Offline CitizenKaine

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why I love PGC.
« on: February 04, 2003, 04:56:05 PM »
Ok, I cant believe Im posting this, but I was just browsing the boards like I do every day (never really post though) and Im reading a thread over in gamecube discussion.  The opening post was pretty much a rant/flame, but there were some interesting follow ups. ANYWAYS... as soon as it devolved into flames, there was Rick shutting it down, and THAT is what I love about this place.  There is someone here constantly, news updates every day,  and the best part?  They do it because they are like the rest of us, they have an honest passion for Nintendo.  You could trade launch day stories with em, discuss the possibilitys for E3, or any of the other things that facinate us.  Make no mistake, it IS a job they do, but it is also, as far as I can see, a joy.  So heres one for you guys, Ive read PGC since before launch (though to be honest I never clicked on the 'forums' link until IGN went pay)  and have been constantly amazed at the quality and number of updates, reviews, previews, and all the rest.  Thanks Rick, Billy, and all the gang.

Kaine

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Why I love PGC.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 05:01:14 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself.  It truly is great to be around people just as passionate as yourself about Nintendo.  On the last board I frequented, the common vibe there was very anti-Nintendo.  I got bashed there every day for continuing to tell the story from Nintendo's point of view, and I eventually left because of that.  It had actually gotten to the point where half the people there decided that Nintendo had bribed Famitsu to give Zelda a perfect score.  I never have a fear that I will have similar problems here.  If I am overjoyed at the score the new Zelda gets, then I am sure that most people here will be as well.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Why I love PGC.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 10:38:52 PM »
Aw, shucks ...  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
Why I love PGC.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 06:36:38 AM »
Yep... the Mods do a great job moderating the boards.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"