Author Topic: My wish came true!  (Read 2219 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
My wish came true!
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:12:09 AM »
Well, no, not really. They've made it for the PSP. And I'd bet dollars to donuts that it'll suck.Oh, well...

Mikoto's got to be the most awesome character EVER. Hm. Hm.

If you thought I was waiting for a Mahoromatic game you're wrong, Mikoto is more awesome and I've already found one.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: My wish came true!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »
Oh wow.

I think this is a case of "Doesn't matter if it sucks or not, its a Mai Hime fighting game."

I'll have to inform my PSP owning friend of this....and possibly stop making fun of him for buying it.

But not really.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
I'm still undecided on whether there actually is another person out there who liked Mai Hime or whether you're just making fun of me but I'm tending towards the latter.

Offline TMW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:36:05 AM »
haha.  No man, I rather enjoyed Mai Hime.  The whole "We're bright and happy and now we're sad and dark" bit kinda got on my nerves, but over all I loved it.

The "not really" meant I was still going to make fun of him for buying a PSP.

And I personally know of two people who liked it, so according to your numbers, that puts us at four.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 07:46:15 PM »
Hehe, cool. What I didn't like is how in the sequel they've turned the girls from being the fighters with all the power and all the choice into slaves that could only do what their masters wish. I suppose women that can defend themselves and don't need a prince to come to their rescue (hated how Tate returned in the last episode to save Mai, that guy was completely useless and powerless and now he fights the ultimate evil? WTF? His reincarnation in Mai Otome was much better, at least it was believable that he could influence the story now.) aren't popular with the otakus who need anime to make them believe they have a chance at finding a girl with even less self esteem than them.

Offline TMW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
What got me was the ULTRA FREAKING HAPPY ENDING!  Seriously.  "Oh snap, everyone is dead and the big evil is too powerful for you to fight, and suddenly people come back from the dead?!"  WTF.  I really felt like it cheapened the entire series.  ESPECIALLY her brother coming back.  It was just too much.  But it didn't ruin it to the point where I didn't like it.  I was just...disappointed.

I haven't seen all that far into Otome, but I hear its a little more cerebral than Mai Hime was.  

Also, I think the whole "slave" thing is really a counterpoint to the "freedom" the girls had in Mai Hime.  Also, I reckon it ties pretty deeply into the plot, i.e. They are going to overcome it later as the good guys become the bad guys, etc etc.  But thats just conjecture at the moment.