Author Topic: Updating recent news posts...It's  (Read 1669 times)

Offline RiskyChris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Updating recent news posts...It's
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:28:28 AM »
Would it at all be possible to highlight what is changed in an article over the revisions?

After reading the Phoenix Wright article some odd 4 times now, it's hard to know what news appears each time it is posted.

=(

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Updating recent news posts...It's
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 07:41:46 AM »
Hehe, you have our apologies for that one.

It's a rare case that revisions to an article have to be made so many times; keep in mind that we'll be doing our best to keep that at a minimum.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:14:31 PM »
I think the better solution is not to modify the news post, but to put in a line break and then write in a new sentence (with it's own date/time) clarifying/correcting what was written earlier. Otherise it looks like you're trying to cover up and hide things.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 12:11:07 AM »
Well, in cases where we've edited articles, we'll usually change the headline saying something to the effect of "Update: [New Info] Added," as well as mentioning the changes in the Talkback thread, so I wouldn't say we're hiding anything.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!