Author Topic: "New RTS game on the way."  (Read 2117 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
"New RTS game on the way."
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:17:04 PM »
I just finished a survey that I can not disclose much be of NDA. But it seems an old RTS is being resurrected in a big way. I don't know which platform it is coming for but I put in a good word for the Revolution. And the publisher is confirmed that they are working with Nintendo on the Revolution. I don't know if I can say much more than that.

Oh yeah in the survey I found it good sign that out of the three platforms they showed it had the revolution as one of them.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: "New RTS game on the way."
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 01:05:47 AM »
The one RTS I care about is Supreme Commander (pretty much a modern Total Annihilation) and that is confirmed for the PC. Seriously, what kind of RTS works well on consoles? Are they resurrecting Herzog Zwei or just trying to cash in on the popularity of consoles without regard of the suitability of the target platform? Is the company doing it a good one or is it EA?

Old RTSes I can think of:

Herzog Zwei
Dune series
Command & Conquer series (EA killed the setting, though)
Warcraft series (includes Starcraft)
Earth series (well, uh, Earth 2160 just came out so there's not much resurrecting to be done)
Krush, Kill 'n Destroy* (Does Beam Software still exist? Does EA have the rights to the name?)
Dark Reign (had a sequel, flopped twice so another one is unlikely)
Total Annihilation (Supreme Commander is coming, a sequel using the TA name would lack Chris Taylor)
Uprising (That'd work on consoles, somewhat...)
Battlezone (that had a sequel not too far back)
Siege (anyone even know about that?)
Settlers (I think the latest sequel isn't too old but Bluebyte really butchered the franchise)
Anno 1602 (1602 A.D. in the US, I don't think Anno 1503 is that old and it wouldn't work on consoles)
Robo Rumble (That's trash and Topware is dead)
Homeworld (2 isn't too old...)
Mech Commander (No, that'd be XBox exclusive...)
Metal Fatigue
Populous (I think Molyneaux is happy with making Black & White instead)
Dungeon Keeper (EA has no Molyneaux)
Imperium Galactica (No, 3 was cancelled to make room for that POS Haegemonia)

*= That's where I started referring to the box of CDs to my left

Out of those I'd have to say KKnD seems the most likely. Published by EA, ancient, popular setting, ...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:55:53 AM »
I'm not a fan of the RTS genre, but more games isn't a bad thing by any means...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 08:12:55 AM »
Considering the title it's EA.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 09:02:20 AM »
EA is making it? My money is on Krush Kill 'n Destroy, then. I don't think they still consider C&C or Dune profitable and that team is working on some LotR RTS, anyway.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 09:56:09 AM »
Why dream about the future

Star Wars: Empire at War, is freakin awsome! demo is crazy
cant wait for the full version this month  

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 09:28:22 PM »
- Would love another Dark Reign, as long as its basically built off of the first game, I consider the sequel to be of a lower standard.
- TA was mentioned but what about Kingdoms, that was my fav PC game for years (when I finally got a comp that could actually run it at a playable speed - take that 30 min loading times!) although I won't get my hopes up as I don't believe it sold anywhere near original TA.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€