Author Topic: Game Boy Micro at the Golden Globes  (Read 4514 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Game Boy Micro at the Golden Globes
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »
Presenters at the awards ceremony will get a little something to play with after the show.

The Golden Globe Awards are Hollywood's warm-up performance to the Academy Awards that will take place later this year.  Just about everyone in Hollywood from television and film was in attendence.    

Award presenters for the ceremony receive a gift package valued at over $62,000 for their troubles.  Among the items included are a $22,000 trip to the Antarctic, a $15,000 tour of a Canadian diamond mine, and $1,250 pair of jeans.    

Also in the package is a 20th Anniversary Edition Game Boy Micro, with the recently released (and recently reviewed) Dr. Mario/Puzzle League combo game, courtesy Nintendo of America.    

NOA must have figured a Micro would be the perfect companion to the celebs for their trips to Canada and the Antarctic, and it wouldn't take up that much space in their pricey jeans.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Epitaph

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Game Boy Micro at the Golden Globes
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »
I dont know whats more pathetic the fact that there are products worth that much money or the fact that celebrities that make millions a year get 62 000$ of free stuff.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »
Let's hope I win the category I was nominated for then..
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »
The only good thing about hearing this is that I don't feel so bad about not giving all my money I use on videogames to help homeless people and the like.  I could be worse by about a factor of 1,000.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Game Boy Micro at the Golden Globes
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »
They'll probably mistake it for a mobile/cell phone and sue Nintendo because it doesn't work.

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »
I don't understand why Nintendo is giving a value of $250 to the $100 Micro and a $30 game.

Also, fun fact: The Golden Globes usually give a good idea of who is going to win come Oscars time.  The Academy Awards are held at the Kodak Theatre in March.  Nintendo's press conference will be in the same Kodak Theatre in May.

Just food for thought.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Yeah, ties yet again to the whole Rev codename stuff.  Though Nintendo has done celebrity related stuff before.
Also, why the hell Antarctica?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »
Because they know none of those SoCal types will take them up on the offer.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »
\/ \/

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 08:31:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Epitaph
I dont know whats more pathetic the fact that there are products worth that much money or the fact that celebrities that make millions a year get 62 000$ of free stuff.

Co-SIZZLE!!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 08:51:12 PM »
I don't understand why Nintendo is giving a value of $250 to the $100 Micro and a $30 game.

Because they want to make it seem like 2D graphics are TEH CUTTING EDGE. Higher price = perceived as more technologically advanced. Like the PS2 was thought to be more powerful than the GameCube since it was more expensive. Image is everything..

Not like celebrities will know the difference anyway..    
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 05:24:04 AM »
I wonder if they're throwing in all the accessories so one celeb can battle another at Dr. Mario?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »
Now THAT'S the QUESTION!  Antarctica?  What the hell for?  To watch glaciers melt?  To get a tan in 2 minutes, thanks to that GAPING hole in the ozone?  Or simply just to FREEZE AZZ?

Who knows....go figure....  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »

Originally posted by: Knoxxville
Now THAT'S the QUESTION!  Antarctica?  What the hell for?  To watch glaciers melt?  To get a tan in 2 minutes, thanks to that GAPING hole in the ozone?  Or simply just to FREEZE AZZ?
To see baby penguins.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 09:24:10 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: Knoxxville
To see baby penguins.

Oh No, you gotta stay away from he penguins, they're not the same as they used to be....

ever since all that government testing, you know the real casue for the hole in the ozone

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »
Owl tiger-penguin flatulence?
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »
There's a kitty in there somewhere.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »
That reminds me of those old OWL magazines I had as a kid, where they combined animals and the puzzle was to figure out what parts came from what animals.

I'm guessing Antarctica has to do with March Of The Penguins...great movie, by the way, I saw it with a girl who REALLY likes penguins.