Author Topic: Registration Test  (Read 1992 times)

Registration Test
« on: December 06, 2005, 09:46:30 AM »
If this post works, then I've fixed the problem with new forum registrations...or at least sidestepped it until we find a longterm solution to the email thing.

RE: Registration Test
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 09:48:03 AM »
Yep.  I just turned off automatic password generation and email authentication, so you choose your own password when you register, and then you can login immediately without having to look at an automatic email message (which wasn't being sent for some weird technical reason).  This method is somewhat less secure, but I don't think it's a major difference.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
RE:Registration Test
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »
Ah, good to hear that the bug has been fixed! I dont know how often this issue popped up, but it would've been a hassle to have to set all new accounts manually...

I appreciate the help with my account. Thanks!

DanLaser

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:23:06 PM »
And to think that if I had waited until now to register, I could have registered without fear of compromising my secret identity.

Or maybe I just shouldn't have used my League of Super Heroes email account. Curses!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 04:33:56 AM »
Don't worry, we control so many backbones we knew your identity when you first looked at the site.

Cheers, B.U.G.G.E.R.