Author Topic: Pac'N Roll is Coming this Summer  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Pac'N Roll is Coming this Summer
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »
Eating chocolate grants special powers.

NAMCO ANNOUNCES "PAC’N ROLL(TM)"

Video Game Icon Rolls onto Nintendo DS(TM) for his 25th Birthday

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (April 14, 2005) – Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today "Pac’N Roll(TM" will be shipping exclusively for the Nintendo DS(TM) in Summer 2005.  Taking advantage of the DS’s touch screen, the game allows players to control a spherical Pac-Man with the stylus by rolling, dashing and bouncing around the environment with unprecedented ease.    

In "Pac’N Roll," the inhabitants of Pac-World have been turned into spheres by the evil monster Golvis’ Ghost Light.  Pac-Man must roll his way through Ghost-Land, collecting pellets and confronting Ghosts to save his family and restore peace to Pac-Land.  Introducing an innovative new control scheme, "Pac’N Roll" lets players control Pac-Man with the Nintendo DS stylus. Players can roll and dash around the environment as well as execute maneuvers such as hairpin turns, immediate stops and precision rolling with effortless strokes of the stylus.  

“'Pac’N Roll' utilizes the unique capabilities of the Nintendo DS to introduce an innovative and intuitive new control scheme,” said Yoshi Niki, Business Director with Namco Hometek Inc. “Players are sure to enjoy Pac-Man’s latest adventure, and delight at the ease and simplicity of controlling him throughout the game.”

In his quest to save Pac-Land, Pac-Man will venture through stages such as Castle Pac, Gyro-Jungle and the Ghost House, while facing perilous hazards like moving floors, dash panels, jump zones and wind zones.  Along the way, Pac-Man will find power-ups like the ”Winged Chocolate,” allowing him to fly through the worlds and jump over Ghosts, or the “Knight Chocolate,” providing him with armor which grants him the power to crash through walls and withstand more damage.  "Pac’N Roll" also includes the original Pac-Man arcade game, allowing up to two players to munch on pellets and claim the highest score.  

For more information about "Pac’N Roll," please visit www.namco.com.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Pac'N Roll is Coming this Summer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 05:18:59 PM »
No date set yet?  It better not be June, since I want like 7 games in that month alone... ;_;
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:38:45 PM »
This game is looking pretty good--both its graphics and its gameplay.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Noble~Feather

• DS Sp@Mm3r
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 06:34:30 PM »
Sweet!!! I was worrying I'd have to wait until the end of the year to play this game.

Just another great game to add the the plethora of DS games coming in the summer.
This message has been approved by Noble Feather.

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »
Screw this, we need Pac-Man VS for the DS! ... Eh, no, I want this too. Give me both!

Pac'N Roll was fun when I played it at E3 last year. But they can't do the "everyone was changed into a ball" story line because Kirby's DS outing already did it! (Reccomended game, btw)
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!